Thread: Can you point me to an artist?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you point me to an artist?

Hey Clickers!

I'm creating a simple maze game but have zero skills when it comes to graphics. Is there anyone that can help in this category. Will absolutely pay for your skill. Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perhaps on itch.io, find "assets"

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are tons of free graphic sites - do some searching; open game art for 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had zero art skills a few months ago but now my game looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pcGVqeKaWc

If you're doing anything substantial I recommend making your own pixel art and getting good at it; my first game I ever made I spent a lot of money on art and as a result didn't make much profit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero art skills always was my problem too. In 2014 I found Daz Studio which is great if you're not opposed to pre-rendered style graphics. It wasn't the easiest program to learn, but it is much easier than Blender in my opinion. Depending on your needs, it might be a decent enough way to make art assets.

Here is an example of my current project. Everything you see here was rendered entirely through Daz Studio, but there are also a lot of custom assets and textures we made specifically for this project.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehm2...scesdreams1023

If you want to dive deeper into the things they have available, you can check out their store here.
    https://www.daz3d.com/shop/

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Zero art skills always was my problem too. In 2014 I found Daz Studio which is great if you're not opposed to pre-rendered style graphics. It wasn't the easiest program to learn, but it is much easier than Blender in my opinion. Depending on your needs, it might be a decent enough way to make art assets.

Here is an example of my current project. Everything you see here was rendered entirely through Daz Studio, but there are also a lot of custom assets and textures we made specifically for this project.

If you want to dive deeper into the things they have available, you can check out their store here.
    https://www.daz3d.com/shop/
    I really like that style, reminds me of the first Valley Without Wind (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._Without_Wind/) which I loved. How did you do the renders? How did you do the animations for the character?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    I really like that style, reminds me of the first Valley Without Wind (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._Without_Wind/) which I loved. How did you do the renders? How did you do the animations for the character?
    Thank you! Daz Studio comes bundled with the NVIDIA Iray render engine, which I use for all the renders. I light and animate it all inside Daz Studio using the timeline and keyframes for tweening (with some manual refinements to try to add weight to animations, as much as my skills allow so it doesn't look robotic), then set an output directory and render a numbered PNG image sequence to import as an animation into Fusion. Generally, for animation, I have a library of poses that I apply that gets me in the neighborhood of what I want it to look like, then I adjust everything as needed to get the animation the way I want it to look. It's usually things like adjusting arms and legs to have the height/swinging motion I want, etc. Some things take more effort than others though. There are tons of motion capture data available online that get me in the neighborhood I want to be so I can focus on refinements. Certain things though (like the dragon in that video) had to be fully hand animated because it is a quadripedal rig and I can't really find any relevant motion capture data that works for that particular rig.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danggggg piscesdreams! That's incredible!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerson3 View Post
    Danggggg piscesdreams! That's incredible!
    Thank you! I know your position of needing an artist. I've learned some technical skills, but I still can't draw a decent stick figure. I've tried pixel art and it looks freaking awful - seriously. I highly recommend dabbling with 3d art as there is a lot of foundations for people like us without proper art skills that still allow for decent results.

I'm not sure what style you're shooting for, but if nothing else, I recommend going on Twitter and putting out a call for people to show their portfolios and rates. The hashtags #indiegame #indiegamedev #pixelart #gameart #animation and a few others similar to what you're looking for probably will get you some responses.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Here is an example of my current project.
    /[/url]
    That looks awesome Pisces. One recommendation, when you play the whip-grapple sound effect maybe have it change the frequency within a random range of 40000-45000, so that the sound effect is slightly different every time it's used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast