User Tag List

Thread: Why is there a maximum of 32 directions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Why is there a maximum of 32 directions?

Hi. After a long time of work, I have a question about the limitations of clicktimfusion.
    Why is there a maximum of 32 directions? Why not 64 180 360 ?
    If I want to launch an object at the 2 degree angle, I have to write formulas, which is not suitable for visual programming without knowledge of the code.

I know that you can use the physics engine, but for such purposes it is superfluous.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basically Fusion is built on-top of old software from the mid-90s where 32 movement directions was probably just fine and dandy.

There are extensions that help you avoid having to do too much math like Advanced Direction object. Clickteam also provides a set of more advanced movements that you can try. I made a quick example on their Vector Movement. You just tell it the angle and speed and you're good to go.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about extensions, but I forgot Thanks for the example. But it's still bad that 32 is the limit.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Programming a custom 360 movement without extensions is pretty easy.
    But if you mean animation directions, then the only way would be creating an entire custom animation system in Fusion, or creating an extension with a custom animation system in C++ with the SDK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, Animation also needs more directions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi @ravilr, I tried your example, but by setting the speed of the object to 100 the created object will move towards the northeast (setting the angle in different ways, example random angle 60,120), this does not happen at speed 1000, I think it is related to gravity , but I don't understand why it goes in one direction rather than another