User Tag List

Thread: Steam's feedback for controllers

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam's feedback for controllers

Just some feedback Steam gave me regarding how my game behaves with controllers. Won't prevent it from getting onto Steam, but as I can't do anything about this I thought I should share it incase the Clickteam crew needed any feedback on what they are looking for.

The following feedback is not strictly required for Steam's gaming support, but reflects some best-practices that we have discovered in the course of testing. While no follow up steps are required, addressing these issues will improve the game play experience.

- When launching the game for the first time and plugging the controller in after launch, the controller has no functionality.
    The user must launch the game with the controller plugged in on the first launch after installation in order for the controller to be recognized.

- When opening the Steam Overlay, by pressing the home button on the controller, the game does not pause and continues to function while navigating the Steam Overlay menu.

- When the controller is unplugged during gameplay, the game does not automatically pause.

- The "Full Controller Support" category appears on the store page but there currently isn't a Developer's Recommended Configuration. For more information on how to create and publish a controller configuration, please see:
    https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/f...ted_for_devs#6
    During our review, we found that the Gamepad template worked best.

We recommend resolving these issues, but they will not prevent your game from releasing.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What extension are you using for the controller?
    Because at this point you should be using at least XBOX Gamepad, and the newest and greatest is SDL Joystick object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the feedback is for the Windows build of my game, I'm not using any controller extensions as I don't think any are compatible with the Mac build...