User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a simple "Save All" solution?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a simple "Save All" solution?

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to call a command that would simply save every object's AVs, Strings and Flags in the entire game, instead of trying to manually save every single thing into an .ini one by one.

I've got hundreds of objects in my game and I'm still only in early development, I use flags a lot to determine if you've talked with an NPC, have an item, activated a bridge etc. etc.

I don't want to save those actions every time the player is done doing them, but only when they reach save points, and those save points won't be on the frame where those things are changing. But I will be storing those object's values in themselves throughout frames, because every NPC/object that is modified will be a Global Object but also be unique to themselves.

For example, enemy on area-1-frame-5 will be Global but named monster-1-area-1-frame-5, similar monster same frame monster-2-area-1-frame-5...

So I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to run a command that simply saves the parameters (not x-y position, only AV/String/Flag) of every Global Object in the game at once?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could add a qualifier to all such objects, then loop over all objects using that qualifier and save the AVs etc (you can access AVs, strings and flags by index from another loop) for each one to your save file. Same for loading.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like airways, i think that the only solution is to save in a .ini with a loop because ther isb't a simple command to do it in fusion, you must creat it.
    When you say "manually save evenry thing" you mean manually save one by one ? because effectively it's too tedious! A loop (using a qualifier) like arways said is the better solution i think.

!!!!!BUT BE CAREFUL when you add a qualifiers for several objects in the same time, fusion erase others qualifiers and leave only the one who has just been chosen!!!

!!!!!you must add the qualifier chosen for each object one by one!!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    So I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to run a command that simply saves the parameters (not x-y position, only AV/String/Flag) of every Global Object in the game at once?
    If you want to keep track of the whole context (interaction with NPCS, collected objects, skills, ...), I would suggest you anyway to have a global container. For Cardinal RPG, I used simply a global array object. You can save and load it with a single action. So you have a chance to create objects (or not) or load a specific scene, based on your array and not on objects created in a specific scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    You could add a qualifier to all such objects, then loop over all objects using that qualifier and save the AVs etc (you can access AVs, strings and flags by index from another loop) for each one to your save file. Same for loading.
    Okay so, let's say we have multiple enemies all across the game, all of them have an Enemy qualifier. Flag 5 for every Enemy object is "enemy is dead", so upon death flag turns on.

Player interacts with an object which saves the game, one of these actions is to use a (for each?) loop on any object with the Enemy qualifier. It takes the "enemy is dead" flag and writes it into a file somwhere. Upon re-entering the game from the menu it reads that file and, I assume, overwrites that info from the files into the objects ingame. What does the code look like? I'm finding it hard to wrap my brain around actually using the .ini object to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    !!!!!BUT BE CAREFUL when you add a qualifiers for several objects in the same time, fusion erase others qualifiers and leave only the one who has just been chosen!!!

!!!!!you must add the qualifier chosen for each object one by one!!!!
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean if an object have multiple qualifiers one will take priority over the other?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    Oh thanks, I understand now. Thankfully I'm earlier enough that adding qualifiers one by one isn't a huge deal; actually all of my enemies already have the Enemy qualifier.

Side note, I'm implementing Easy Load and Save System (https://clickstore.clickteam.com/easy-load-save-system?search=save) with success. Needs a bit more fine tuning, but I've solved my issue; still sucks that you can't save Flags, I'll have to modify all of my enemies to have their death status as a string or something instead of a Flag.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am making a mfa for you for saving all valus and flags

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this load an save system is great, i think you can easily add flags save

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    values , strings and flags : save / load (10 first but you can change)Application 3.mfa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast