User Tag List

Thread: Maximum limit of Alterable Values in an Active Object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximum limit of Alterable Values in an Active Object?

I have 2.5 Developer and the 2.5+ DLC.

Using the Compare a value it seems it goes all the way to IZ, which is I think ~236 alterable values, but I wasn't sure if it could go higher than that?

I want to create a way to pull information from an alterable value, and each alterable value in a single active object represents a single frame. The active object would be global and on every frame, and each frame individually pulls the info it needs from that object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can grab an alterable value by their index to go beyond the named values limitation. I did a quick test and I land on 99 999 999 Alterable Values that will return the value that I set them to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    You can grab an alterable value by their index to go beyond the named values limitation. I did a quick test and I land on 99 999 999 Alterable Values that will return the value that I set them to.
    Thanks, that's awesome. How do you grab the values via the index? I've got a command On Button Press > Set X to 1.

Using the expression editor I want to set X to be Values of the index, but I don't know how to code that in the expression editor. So basically I want to write the value of 1 into every alterable value to, say, 500 or so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You pick the "Set Alterable Value" action in the Event Editor under Active object . At the Expression Editor window there is a button at the top-right called "Use Expression". This let's you choose an Alterable Value based on a formula(or just a simple number).

In the attached example I run a fastloop 500 times where on each loop it sets the value with the index corresponding to the fastloop's index to 1.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You pick the "Set Alterable Value" action in the Event Editor under Active object . At the Expression Editor window there is a button at the top-right called "Use Expression". This let's you choose an Alterable Value based on a formula(or just a simple number).

In the attached example I run a fastloop 500 times where on each loop it sets the value with the index corresponding to the fastloop's index to 1.

Thanks chrilley, that works for me!

A couple questions, that will be helpful for me in the future:

Debugger only shows values up to IT, is this because up to IT is the limit for Named alterable values, and so it simply won't show anything past that?

Also, before you replied I was trying to use the "Use Expression" option like you said, to get it to assign the value to every AV within a range. I tried used range(x,y,z), kinda of like RRandom but without the Random part, and I didn't understand how it works because it asks for 3 values. I was going to try and make it use values 0 to 500 but couldn't figure out how that would work; the fastloop solution is better but I could see myself using the range in the future for something else.

I really wish their was more documentation on the expression editor from Clickteam themselves, some of it is so vague and their Help file is old and from MMF2 I believe...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The debugger has some limitations like the one you mentioned, though the exact reasons as to why I don't know, sorry!

Range(>Value<, >Minimum<, >Maximum<) is actually meant to force a value into a chosen range between Minimum and Maximum.

Value = The number that will be calculated on.
    Minimum = The value that decides how low of a number you allow
    Maximum = The value that decides how high of a number you allow.

Some examples:
    Range(200, 50, 100) will return 100 because 200 is out of the max range.
    Range(10, 50, 100) will return 50 because 10 is below the minimum range.
    Range(60, 50, 100) will return 60 because it is within the accepted range of 50-100.

Let's say you put something like Range(500, 0, 500) into that Use Expression window. This would result in Fusion picking Alterable Value #500 only, thus ignoring the previous values in the list. So in this particular case it ends up being just a longer way to refer to value #500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Range(>Value<, >Minimum<, >Maximum<) is actually meant to force a value into a chosen range between Minimum and Maximum.

Value = The number that will be calculated on.
    Minimum = The value that decides how low of a number you allow
    Maximum = The value that decides how high of a number you allow.

Some examples:
    Range(200, 50, 100) will return 100 because 200 is out of the max range.
    Range(10, 50, 100) will return 50 because 10 is below the minimum range.
    Range(60, 50, 100) will return 60 because it is within the accepted range of 50-100.

Let's say you put something like Range(500, 0, 500) into that Use Expression window. This would result in Fusion picking Alterable Value #500 only, thus ignoring the previous values in the list. So in this particular case it ends up being just a longer way to refer to value #500.
    Ah thanks, well maybe that's not as useful as I thought lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Debugger only shows values up to IT, is this because up to IT is the limit for Named alterable values, and so it simply won't show anything past that?
    The named altVals go up to IZ, so it's weird that the debugger only goes up to IT.

If you wanted to, you could create your own alternative fairly easily using something like the List Object. (It might even end up causing less slowdown in your game - the list object isn't very fast, but the debugger can get particularly laggy when you have lots of lines showing). Here's an example that uses the List Object to display the an active's first 1000 altVals:

As an aside, I just discovered something now that I didn't know: that Fusion's altVals seem to have a 6-digit limit. As you can see, 1234.56789 has been rounded to 1234.57. (If you change 1234.56789 to 1.23456789, it will round it to 1.234567)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that with the above example, you won't be able to see the names of the altVals (even the first 260 "named" ones from A to IZ). I believe that altVals' names are stripped at runtime. The built in debugger somehow manages to display them (presumably by having access to both the runtime EXE and the MFA itself) but I don't think they're retrievable at runtime in any other way. So with a method like the above, you're stuck using just the altVals' index numbers.