User Tag List

Thread: Can i found an alternative to my fullscreen ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can i found an alternative to my fullscreen ?

Hello there,

I am trying to make a full screen menu but I have a problem..

Description :
    I have 2 Frames, both of them have a loading system with the 'File' object and 'ini' object which detects if there is a save file exists on the \MMFApplication. If not, a new file is created with default value of fullscreen options.
    I have a Global Value called IsFullscreen set to 1 by default.
    On the second frame if you press enter you can switch the Fullscreen ON or OFF.

Now my problem is when you start the game the frame 1 appaears in fullscreen and if you press space the seconde frame appears in windowed.
    i was wondered that the problem comes from my Global Variable set to 1 by default) but I just tried to modify it but without success.

How can i solved this problem ?

You can check out my MFA if you want to see more

Thank you guys.

fullscreen.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is here:

The "fullscreen" object always starts the frame with all of its flags set to off. So no matter what happens earlier in the frame with your ini file, once Fusion gets to event #9, it sees that Flag 0 = off, so it sets isFullscreen to 0.

You probably only want event #9 to fire if the user has pressed Enter, but actually it fires every single frame, whether the user has pressed Enter or not. So, you can fix the problem by adding a condition to that event (and the previous event, for consistency) to ensure that it only fires when the user has pressed enter:

If you want, you can then consolidate those 3 events into 2, by moving the action from #7 into #8 and #9, and deleting event #7:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, that still doesn't work properly. Give me a few minutes and I'll post a better solution

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each of my previous solutions had a different problem. The following solution prevents both problems, and gets at the real issue: your "fullscreen" object starts the frame not actually knowing the state of isFullscreen. Adding in another event into your original code fixes this:

However, there are still a couple of existing issues. One is that your "ON" animation will only play for a split-second before switching to OFF again. To fix that, you need to loop the walking animation like this:

Another issue is that that events #9 and #10 are running every single frame, which makes the UFS object update the fullscreen mode 60 times a second. That's probably not a good idea. You really just need those events to run once at start of frame, and once whenever the user presses enter. You can achieve that like this. Those events are now in a group that will be closed unless it's the start of the frame, or enter has just been pressed:

Or here's a more compact way to to achieve this. Since the "stopped" animation is actually animation #0 and the "walking" animation is animation "1", you can just use an expression to set the animation to the value of Flag 0( "fullscreen" ):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much detailed answer!! thank you a lot for that !!
    Sometimes we just searching too far when the answer is right in front of their noses..

Again thank you Volnaiskra

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. Since you waited over 5 years to make your first post, I hope it was worth it Welcome, by the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    No problem. Since you waited over 5 years to make your first post, I hope it was worth it Welcome, by the way

most of the time we can find everything on google.
    Thank you