Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sine and Cosine questions. Need some formulas/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sine and Cosine questions. Need some formulas/

Hi guys I find very interesting video about Sine, Cosine and Angle. There was explanation how to do object flies in a circle and loop moving from up to down. I wanna do something new, but I don't know how and dont good in math. Hint me pls. I, very interested.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i dan't unserstand what you want exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry maybe it was bad explanation. I need formulas to use in clickteam to move the object in an arc like in castlevania or something similar.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure on the exact movement needed, but when i think of formulas, I think of this article that helped me immensely
    https://create-games.com/article.asp?id=1898

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love you Its I need

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    I'm not sure on the exact movement needed, but when i think of formulas, I think of this article that helped me immensely
    Great link! I've seen it before but had forgotten about it. I've now copied/pasted it into my my MFA's comments

I also highly recommend How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love The Expression Editor on the Clickstore. It's got good visual and interactive examples of many types of equations.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VACCiNE 2 has an object that provide constant sin and cos outputs at different rates. Checkout the video on the Clickstore page at about 10:30, might be useful. https://clickstore.clickteam.com/vaccine_2?search=vaccine%25202

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    That's actually one of my old articles (written 2008). Some of the content is a bit outdated now, so I've spent the last day or two on a replacement, which you can find here: http://www.klikology.lovestoblog.com

It's still a work in progress, but already has quite a lot of content which hopefully someone will find useful. Suggestions are welcome. Happy kliking!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutly exciting! thanks a lot!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    That's actually one of my old articles (written 2008). Some of the content is a bit outdated now, so I've spent the last day or two on a replacement, which you can find here: http://www.klikology.lovestoblog.com

It's still a work in progress, but already has quite a lot of content which hopefully someone will find useful. Suggestions are welcome. Happy kliking!
    As usual, MuddyMole goes above and beyond to add ever more value to this community. That's fantastic. I've bookmarked it and will no doubt reference it frequently. Thanks!

I have a couple of comments about the 'syntax' though:

-the little arrow character in comments doesn't display properly when looking from my phone (Chrome for Android).

-I think the color scheme can invite readability errors currently because in some areas it resembles Fusion's native color scheme while in others it doesn't. For example, you use blue to highlight things or 'speak outside of the code' to the reader. But blue is the color that most users associate with Fusion's hard-coded functions, which is kind of the opposite of that. Why not use yellow instead? Yellow is more attention-grabbing (perfect for highlighting examples) and has little or no connotation with existing Fusion syntax.

-Changing radius("circle") to circle.radius makes it harder to read for me, not easier. For two reasons. Firstly, it obfuscates the difference between two very different entities: Objects (circle) and values (radius). Fusion keeps those things nice and separate, not just with punctuation ("...") but also by displaying them in different colors. But in your syntax, they're both yellow, with nothing really to tell them apart.

And the second reason is that the order is switched. Circle.radius and object.x probably seem right to anyone who's used to 'real code', but it's not how Fusion would order it, so for a Fusion-centric brain like mine, it just looks wrong. The somethingdotsomething convention is alien to Fusion, and the order is the wrong way around. When I see circle.radius my brain immediately sees it as circle("radius"), which forces me to perform a conscious mental translation to radius("circle") every time. I get why you don't want to explicitly suggest the need for an object by using radius("circle"), but consider then doing something like radius[circle], or at least radius.circle

But I'm probably a bit over-sensitive to syntax issues at the moment. I've been doing of lot of scripting recently using the autohotkey scripting language. Autohotkey is super useful so I've forced myself to wade through the process, but I can't adequately express just how much I really, really detest syntax. Everything I've coded in Autohotkey I could have coded about 1000% faster if it were in Fusion, and would have been way less stressful. I'm more grateful than ever for Fusion's [almost] syntax-free environment. So at the moment, any whiff of non-Fusion syntax makes my blood pressure rise

Anyway, those minor objections aside, it's a fantastic page - thanks again for making it for us!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast