User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The ini object broke?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh, you are mixing Android behavior with Windows behavior, files are not save the same way in both OS, so for windows you still need your windows code, but for android you need to do as stated in the example
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenSails View Post
    Gerald, I remember bringing a very similar question regarding the Danny's guide and Yves said it was outdated in the part of the Binary Data. As Fernando said, if you add to binary data and only read it should be ok. Hope it gets sorted out.
    Thanks SevenSails, I remember that too.

I believe I have it sorted out now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Oh, you are mixing Android behavior with Windows behavior, files are not save the same way in both OS, so for windows you still need your windows code, but for android you need to do as stated in the example
    I see what you are saying and feel a little stupid but I've never been this confused before...LOL

When I run your example on windows it saves the .ini file in different folders;
    for the DataStorage it saves it to C:\Users\Gerald\AppData\Roaming\MMFApplications
    for the ExternalStorage it saves it to the Drive letter where the game file is saved (In my case the D:/ drive)

When I run my example it saves both to the Drive letter where the game file is saved

Why the difference?

I think I have it working now. I implemented the changes in my actual game and it's working as it should.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing if you got to work. I've found this method to work on my apps:

While making the game for Windows: I'm used to ini file is created in the same folder as the game's exe. Otherwise the Windows folder would be full of various ini files.
    Windows ini file to use: "./savefile.ini"
    Also "Create INI file in Application Data folder" unchecked

On Android
    Android ini file to use: "savefile.ini"
    Also "Create INI file in Application Data folder" checked

Without that point and slash it would not have worked. I tested it for many times and many ways. pc-and-android-ini.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2