User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ini just won't work

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it works the first time and not the second time, I would assume it's linked to how you call it in the events ; are you referencing a group or an item that no longer exists ...?
    Did you change the current group in another even in a way that the item you called is no longer there...?

By the way, not sure what you mean by ini++ doesn't have a "select file" option. If you mean opening a file at run time via events, it does have such feature. Example:

* Start of Frame
    ini_plus_plus : Appdir$ + "data/inputs.ini" : Load file, changing the current file path, and clearing the current data in the object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found this because this is in second page of this thread.

With normal ini the item exists and works one time. Then i change the value, and whatever i change it to, it shows 22. The file is there to load. It exists, because i can change the value. I'll try in++ but i have issues with it:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * Start of Frame
    ini_plus_plus : Appdir$ + "data/inputs.ini" : Load file, changing the current file path, and clearing the current data in the object.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i do. But then what?
    -How to set group and item?
    -How to get that value from ini++ to counter, or just jump to frame of that value?

It's continue game/save game number of frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e: Group and then item, how do i get the the ini++ to get to the group and item and then how do i get that item value out of it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are basically two ways to set or create groups and items. One way is to manually set the current group and then set the value or string of an item within that current group.
    Code:
    * Upon pressing "Enter"
    	 ini_plus_plus : Set current group to "Group Name"
    	 ini_plus_plus : Set item "Item Name" to value 1 (Setting = 0)

The other way is to set the value or string of an item within a group all at once in a single action, without using a separate action to set the current group.
    Code:
    * Upon pressing "Enter"
    	 ini_plus_plus : Set item "Item Name" in group "Group Name" to value 1 (Setting = 0)

If you want to do something like set the value of a counter to the value of an item in the INI, there are several ways to do it. The first way is to manually set the current group and then get the item value or string from the current group. (In the example below, 0 is the default value that will be returned if it cannot find the item name specified.)
    Code:
    * Upon pressing "Space bar"
    	Counter : Set Counter to GetItemValueG( "ini_plus_plus", "Item Name", 0 )

A second way of doing this is to get the item value or string from a specifically specified group.
    Code:
    	Counter : Set Counter to GetItemValue( "ini_plus_plus", "Group Name", "Item Name", 0 )

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to set any value, i want to read a value. Could you please make me a mfa? I have tried for hours.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last 2 examples in my previous post deal with reading (getting / retrieving) a value from INI. What do you want the value that is read from the INI to do? Add the value to a counter, for example?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the counter to that value, not change the saved data.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so either of these two examples will allow you to set a counter to the value of an item contained in an INI++ file.

Code:
    	Counter : Set Counter to GetItemValueG( "ini_plus_plus", "Item Name", 0 )
    example1.jpg

Code:
    	Counter : Set Counter to GetItemValue( "ini_plus_plus", "Group Name", "Item Name", 0 )
    example2.jpg

In this first example, you set the INI++ to the Group that contains the Item that you want to read from. You then set the counter to the value of the Item contained in the Group that you set in the 'Set current group' action. Unless you need to get data from an item in a different group than the current one, you only need to use the 'Set current group' action once. All items in the current group can be retrieved with "GetItemValueG( "ini_plus_plus", "Item Name", 0 )" without needing to specify the group name a second time. Setting current group does not actually create a new group or edit any group in the ini unless you tell it to ensure a new group. It simply tells INI++ to focus on the group specified so that you can get data from the items in that group without needing to repeatedly declare which group you need.

The second example is just like the first example, except that it only uses one action. You don't need to use the 'Set current group' action, and can instead specify both the item name and the group name it belongs to in a single action.

Replace "Item Name" with the actual name of the item in your INI file and replace "Group Name" with the actual name of the group in your INI file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Finally i got it.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)