User Tag List

Thread: is there a way to draw on the screen OUTSIDE of application window?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a way to draw on the screen OUTSIDE of application window?

How can I draw something on the screen, independent of the MFA/EXE application (eg. drawing a crosshair or lines anywhere on the screen)?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say you would probably have to use a sub-app or external exe and surface object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But even with a subapp, how could I draw outside its bounds? Or is there a way to make a subapp transparent?

I looked into the surface object and that looked promising, but again, how can I stretch a surface object across the entire monitor(s) while making it invisible? AFAIK the surface object will only work when within the bounds of the Fusion frame, and there's no way I know of to make the Fusion frame itself invisible. If I blow up my Fusion frame to 2560x1440 so I can draw on the entire screen, it'll cover my screen with white, right?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out you don't need the sub-app just need to work out how to make it transparent
    I'm thinking blit the destination also and combine the two
    Blit_to_Desktop.mfa

Clicker

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blit_to_Desktop.mfa

Works although it looks like there is a windows refresh issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be what you are looking for,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...wnloads/zoomit

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @fnkycoldmadeanr: awesome - thanks! I don't quite get what all the different actions do, but the important thing is that it works.

I experimented with turning various actions on and off. When I have just these 3, it still works, and I can't see any real difference compared to yours. Do the extra steps in your example do something that I'm not understanding?

@stiggits: Thanks. I needed a way I could draw from Fusion. But that's a nifty tool. I downloaded and played around with it a little, and both the zooming and the drawing are very smooth and responsive. I'll probably use it in the future. Cheers.

Clicker

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra: The extra actions are me overthinking it, I assumed "Blit image 1" would overwrite "Blit window at 0" so those actions were to combine the blitted images manually but it seams it combines the Blit actions automatically.

Also if you are just blitting a straight line you can probably get away with not blitting the destination. I assume it blit's black as fusion is not true alpha.