User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broad Storage Access Issue (requestLegacyExternalStorage flag)

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Broad Storage Access Issue (requestLegacyExternalStorage flag)

I have received this on all my the apps created with Clickteam fusion 2.5 and was wondering what is the correct way to solve this? and not have our apps removed! What do you suggest @Fernando?

Starting May 5th, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access
    We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11+ must use Scoped Storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To release your app on Android 11 or newer after May 5th, you must either:

Update your app to use more privacy friendly best practices, such as the Storage Access Framework or Media Store API
    Update your app to declare the All files access (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file, and complete the All files access permission declaration in Play Console from May 5th
    Remove the All files access permission from your app entirely
    For apps targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. You must use the All files access permission to retain broad access.

Apps requesting access to the All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You must target Android 10 not eleven
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    You must target Android 10 not eleven
    Yes I am targeting Android 10.0 and using Build API 29. Is that correct?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friend has same problem, he's targeting android 10 api 29

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This message seems like out of timing, android 11 haven't reached OTA for many devices, so this message must be a warning, also they mention that developer need to clarify why they need full control for files in a form they mention is available, (don't know all details).
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tk22 View Post
    I have received this on all my the apps created with Clickteam fusion 2.5 and was wondering what is the correct way to solve this? and not have our apps removed! What do you suggest @Fernando?
    Hi!
    Have you solved the issue? What permissions do your applications use?
    (READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and/or WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akakaone View Post
    Hi!
    Have you solved the issue? What permissions do your applications use?
    (READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and/or WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
    I do not use any permissions and still get this issue. I have yet to find a solution for it.

The problem is we cannot even tell Google why are we using that permission since we do not know why is it being detected. I am worried about having our apps removed
    I have an old app that I did not update in a while and it did not trigger that warning so my guess is it is either in the newest Fusion builds or it is caused by a certain extension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just examining the contents of an apk file exported by Fusion.

AndroidManifest.xml unfortunately is impossible to read clearly or edit after exporting because some encoding.

Line four reads that the manifest requires permission "requestLegacyExternalStorage". Apparently the basic user can do nothing about it. I would fix the same problem by deleting the line if i were working with Android Studio project now.

The gaze turns to Clickteam. What are you going to do? Why is such permission used at all and can you remove that permission from the manifest with an emergency update to Fusion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    androidmanifest.jpg
    Btw. Is Fusion Android Exporter AndroidManifest possible to customize by user?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    requestLegacyExternalStorage is not a permission, this is a compatibility option.

AFAIK this option was required for Android 10 in order to continue using some file access API (I'm not Android developer, just what I quickly read, I could be wrong). If it was added in the Android runtime, then there is probably a valid reason.

Fernando is looking at the issue, more info soon.

If the changes are too important for the next build, perhaps we can remove this flag when it's not needed and keep it only when some features are needed. Just guessing. Again just wait for Fernando's input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast