User Tag List

Thread: Ctrl-Shift-L for lists in expression editor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ctrl-Shift-L for lists in expression editor?

I accidentally discovered a feature in the Expression Editor that I never knew existed. Press Ctrl-Shift-L and it'll turn the current line into a bulleted list. Keep pressing it and it'll cycle through various types of lists: numbered, alphabetical, roman numeral:

Was this feature always there? I thought maybe it was a windows thing, but it doesn't work in Notepad or Edge, so I guess it's a Clickteam feature. The thing is, I can't imagine it being of any use in the expression editor, since it's bound to invalidate the syntax as soon as you press it. I'm guessing it's a leftover from whatever Microsoft-based system the Expression Editor was built on top of. Ironically, Ctrl-Shift-L doesn't do anything in the Comment Editor, even though this would actually be a pretty nifty feature for comments.

If it's as useless as I think it is in the Expression Editor, could it be disabled (it's kind of annoying to trigger it by accident)? And if it's easy to do, could it be ported to the Comment Editor instead?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The expression editor uses a MS RichEdit control to display different colours and styles, here is the list of shortcut keys supported by this control:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-shortcut-keys

I'll check to see if some of them can be disabled.

Comments are simple texts, we would need to convert them to RTF. Not a simple change to do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the same windows control as used in Wordpad then. Now that I try it, a lot of the other Wordpad keyboard shortcuts work too - you can align text left/right/middle, make it subscript/superscript, change the font size, use all caps, and so on. All of which is completely useless in the expression editor of course, but if it's taken this long for anyone to notice, then it doesn't really seem like a serious problem.

I definitely agree that more formatting options for comments would be nice though. Basic text formatting (bold, italic, etc) ought to be a minimum, but the ability to insert images, tables and hyperlinks would all be useful. Imagine being able to create a clickable link in your comment that takes you to a specific line in your code (eg. a comment for an event where you use a global value, that links to the event where you set its value).

Funnily enough, the two most useful recent-ish changes for me are both related to comments - the first was fixing the bug where they weren't created the right size, and you'd have to manually resize every one you made (such a pain if you're someone who likes to comment most lines), and the other was making them remember the colours from the previous comment. Back in the day, I used to do a LOT of copying, pasting and editing comments...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind, YVes beat me to it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fastidious with my comments too. I have a whole profile set up on my Stream Deck just for comments. Pressing different buttons pastes in different color coded comments, spacer comments, action/condition comments:

I really recommend it! You don't need a Stream Deck - the main trick is to use an extended clipboard tool like Ditto to store clips of Fusion events, then map them to hotkeys for pasting. You just need to type Fusion's clipboard format names into Ditto's settings:

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA!!

I just built myself a little phrasemenu this week, specifically to help me quickly enter frequently-used active object names into the Expression Editor. I haven't used it much yet, but I think it's going to be really handy:

I've mapped it to my "menu" key, since I never used it, and since its icon is perfect for a phrase menu:

But in order to stop the menu key actually triggering the right-click menu, I had to remap it to something else - to a unique key that wouldn't interfere with anything else. So I remapped it to, of all things......F16. Now look at Yves' link:

And yep, I can confirm, every time I activate my Phrase Menu in the Expression Editor, a character gets mysteriously deleted Honestly, no one is my equal when it comes to discovering obscure, weird behaviours. I mean, why the hell did Microsoft make F16 a secondary backspace? And how did I manage to trip up on this, considering I've never even actually seen a bloody F16 key in real life?

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am SOOO glad this thread happened. When I eventually discovered my phrase menu deleting characters in the Expression Editor, I just know I would have spent a full day scrutinising every line of code in it to try and find the bug - never, ever suspecting that the cause could be my choice of F16 as a hotkey!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally see how RTF comments would be a big change. But it would be nice to have RTF (or more likely HTML as it's more cross platform) comments in Fusion 3. I know F3 can become kind of a sore topic around here but I mean no pressure by it, we all have our own little personal wishlists I'm sure.