User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The ini object broke?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ini object broke?

Hi, For some reason that is beyond me I can't load/save with any new instances of the ini object in my Android game.
    The two ini files I currently have work fine but I can't seem to use anymore and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I tried everything I can think of, including replacing one of the inis that work fine with a new ini and then I couldn't load the data anymore, replaced it back with the original one and it works fine

I even tried building a new app with just the ini object and tried saving and loading with it and it just won't let me.
    Yes I included it in the Binary Data and yes I have the correct path name...it just won't work

I'm really baffled, yes this is my first attempt at mobile game so maybe I'm missing something but that doesn't explain why the new app wouldn't work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    can you post a small mfa for me to check here?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the test app I made, I just used a simple ini file called

LoadGame.ini
    with the following info
    [Game]
    Coins = 999
    Lives = 10
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    oh i see the problem you are using windows path which are not correct for android ---> "D:\My Created Games\Shapes\LoadGame.ini"

her a zip with two different with INi and without INi, please refresh teh location of the ini in data elements
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    oh i see the problem you are using windows path which are not correct for android ---> "D:\My Created Games\Shapes\LoadGame.ini"
    Hi Fernando,

Thank you for taking the time to do that and making those examples. I understand them.

I was using the method that was outlined in Danny's "A Guide to using Binary Data"
    That's why I was doing it that way, I still don't understand why it worked for the two ini's I had but then stopped working.

I could show you a video of what I'm talking about if your interested at all.

Anyways, Thank you again

Gerald

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    oh if you add them in binary data and only read that should be ok and working in android, what you use for embedded file is the name and extension
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so I am at a total lost here.

No matter what I try I am not able to read/write to ini files in Android?

Any example I try or old MFA's work but If I try to do a new one it just won't work, I know it's loading the proper file into the ini but like I mentioned I am not able to read/write to it.

I even re-created your example line for line and it will not work. (but your example works perfect)

I tried up dating to the latest build again, (didn't change anything).

It's like it just stopped working all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago????/

I think my PC is possessed or something....lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    Hi Fernando,
    I was using the method that was outlined in Danny's "A Guide to using Binary Data"
    Gerald, I remember bringing a very similar question regarding the Danny's guide and Yves said it was outdated in the part of the Binary Data. As Fernando said, if you add to binary data and only read it should be ok. Hope it gets sorted out.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    OK so I am at a total lost here.

No matter what I try I am not able to read/write to ini files in Android?

Any example I try or old MFA's work but If I try to do a new one it just won't work, I know it's loading the proper file into the ini but like I mentioned I am not able to read/write to it.

I even re-created your example line for line and it will not work. (but your example works perfect)

I tried up dating to the latest build again, (didn't change anything).

It's like it just stopped working all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago????/

I think my PC is possessed or something....lol

need more information are you still using the example above? if so it won't work you need to use only the name and extension of the file when they are in binary data.

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast