User Tag List

Thread: Tiled Map Loader / Tiled / Tile Map Viewport + 360 degree movement?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiled Map Loader / Tiled / Tile Map Viewport + 360 degree movement?

I have a 360 degree platformer (think sonic the hedgehog) which up till now; I have been using with a combination of backdrops and active objects.

Using Tiled however, I can't get the collisions to work properly. Flat surfaces work, but slopes are a nightmare.

Has anyone tried something similar and know if its a possible limitation using Tiled/Tile map loader/ Tile map viewport?

I did try the PMO object just to check, and it does seem to be working fine (within PMO's limitations).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah also before I forget, collisions with some existing active objects also stop working? As in, ones placed in clickteam's editor. I feel this might be an easy fix and I've overlooked something.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have done for issues with collision detection is to make a round ball as the player ( Invisible ) and have your ( Visible Sonic ) as the cover. Then tie the animations from the cover to the Ball.
    This way, you get a round ball type of collisions ( Next to never has issues ) and you have whatever your player looks like, work beautifully in game.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebedy View Post
    I have a 360 degree platformer (think sonic the hedgehog) which up till now; I have been using with a combination of backdrops and active objects.

Using Tiled however, I can't get the collisions to work properly. Flat surfaces work, but slopes are a nightmare.

Has anyone tried something similar and know if its a possible limitation using Tiled/Tile map loader/ Tile map viewport?

I did try the PMO object just to check, and it does seem to be working fine (within PMO's limitations).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    there's been 360 platform engines done in the past; the most accurate way is using sin/cos on 2 markers that are used to detect the angle of surface you are on.
    for the 360 part; you can split the movement into halves or quadrants;
    eg; moving on ground between 0-180; and moving on ground from 180-360 - 2 groups that is flipping the movement, still using slopes and angles tho for your character's gravity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah see, in response to both of you:- I am using sin/cos , and the player is also a round ball. The movement and the player work perfectly if I use normal backdrops or active objects as backdrops.
    The issue seems to happen when I load in tiles specifically from Tiled. From there for whatever reason, it refuses to behave the same way.

I basically have two sets of events for collisions:- 1) One set is for normal backdrops/active objects that you manually place in clickteam fusion (which work perfectly)
    2) and the other set is an identical copy, but just tailored to identify collisions for tiles that have been loaded using RootKernel's TileMapLoader and Looki's TiledMapViewport.

The issue is with the second lot. I'm not sure why they're not behaving the same way as the original group of events. I've done the usual setup with the extensions; and the tiles do load in, and the player collides with the flat tiles perfectly. As soon as there's a slope he just gets stuck. (Pixel detection is also on)