User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keep Objects in One Frame and Load Them in Another with Create Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep Objects in One Frame and Load Them in Another with Create Object

Is it possible to create a frame just to store a bunch of global objects and then use "Create Object by Name" to load them in another frame WITHOUT having a copy of that object already in the frame?

I've tried doing it, but it seems like there needs to be a copy of each object in the frame to begin with. If I have dozens of frames, I would like to avoid copying every object into each one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can create objects from another application, don't know if it is possiblewith create by name at all really

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can create objects from another application?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    You can create objects from another application?
    yeah you can

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By design, the object must be present in the frameeditor for it to be able to exist in your game, so the answer is no, unfortunately.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    By design, the object must be present in the frameeditor for it to be able to exist in your game, so the answer is no, unfortunately.
    Basically this. I'm pretty sure you need to have a copy of the object present in the target frame to create the object with an event.

If memory usage is your concern, you can try unchecking "create at start", "visible in frame", "save background" in the object properties, but you will have to have another action to make the object reappear again after it's been created.

There used to be a kind of hack on clickteam fusion, where if your game frame has a lot of objects, and you put all your objects in a blank/dummy frame & put it before your main game frame in the storyboard editor (the dummy frame doesn't have to have any events besides a way to jump to the main game frame), it reduces the loading time of the next frame, like somehow it preloads all the objects. As far as I know this only affects frame loading times. I used to use this technique on Android apps as sometimes clickteam-built apps could crash/ANR if they tried to load a frame with a lot of objects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNoYes View Post
    Basically this. I'm pretty sure you need to have a copy of the object present in the target frame to create the object with an event.

If memory usage is your concern, you can try unchecking "create at start", "visible in frame", "save background" in the object properties, but you will have to have another action to make the object reappear again after it's been created.

There used to be a kind of hack on clickteam fusion, where if your game frame has a lot of objects, and you put all your objects in a blank/dummy frame & put it before your main game frame in the storyboard editor (the dummy frame doesn't have to have any events besides a way to jump to the main game frame), it reduces the loading time of the next frame, like somehow it preloads all the objects. As far as I know this only affects frame loading times. I used to use this technique on Android apps as sometimes clickteam-built apps could crash/ANR if they tried to load a frame with a lot of objects.
    Well, my main reason for wanting to do this is I have an active object with its own set of behaviors which affect a group of active objects serving as buttons. The events control their location on the screen, when they appear, how they move, everything. So there is no purpose in having them in the frame other than to get called up by event. I have dozens of frames and every time I add a new button I have to go through and make a copy of that button on every frame. I just wanted to have a single frame with all the buttons in it. Since they are global, and there is a "master" object with behaviors present in every frame, I thought there must be some way to create the global objects in an event without needing to cut and paste them into each frame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess I don't need to create object by name. Merely selecting it from the list of objects in each frame works. And I can create an object from another frame IF the create object event is in the main event editor for that frame. However, I cannot do this with a global events, nor a behavior events.

Would anyone know a way around this, or am I stuck copying and pasting the create object events into each frame?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    Would anyone know a way around this, or am I stuck copying and pasting the create object events into each frame?
    Have you tried using global events instead of a per-frame events to create the objects?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roxflame View Post
    Have you tried using global events instead of a per-frame events to create the objects?
    Yes I did, but thank you for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast