User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hideo video files from the user/player

  1. #1
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hideo video files from the user/player

    Is there a way to add video files (.avi) to be played during the game and also kind of hide those videos, so that the player can't play them independently - outside of the game?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can store the video file as binary data, which stores the video file inside of the game's exe and extracts it when needed

  3. #3
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    You can store the video file as binary data, which stores the video file inside of the game's exe and extracts it when needed
    That would solve many of my problems!

    Could you please explain how I could do that with Fusion?

  4. #4
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14,118
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    You can store the video file as binary data, which stores the video file inside of the game's exe and extracts it when needed
    The tutorial you mention is incorrect, I thought Danny had fixed it but apparently not, or it's an old version of the PDF. It says that on Windows you have to extract the files before using them, this is wrong. The Extract Binary File function is provided for the case you need to access the file yourself, or if you want to use the file with an object that doesn't support binary files. Generally you don't need to extract the file at all, the object will load the file directly from the EXE.

    @Filip just add the files to the Binary Data Files tab in the Data Element editor, Fusion will include them in the application at build time and will load them from there when you run the application. You don't need to change anything in your events.

  5. #5
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The tutorial you mention is incorrect, I thought Danny had fixed it but apparently not, or it's an old version of the PDF. It says that on Windows you have to extract the files before using them, this is wrong. The Extract Binary File function is provided for the case you need to access the file yourself, or if you want to use the file with an object that doesn't support binary files. Generally you don't need to extract the file at all, the object will load the file directly from the EXE.
    How would I make the object the part of my .exe and load it from there assuming I am using an .avi or Direct Show object?

  6. #6
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @marbenx, @Yves

    I've just noticed that "binary data" was a link
    Thank you so much. I will look into it!

  7. #7
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14,118
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    How would I make the object the part of my .exe and load it from there assuming I am using an .avi or Direct Show object?
    Just add the file to the Binary Data tab, Fusion will include it in the EXE and the Video object will extract it in a temp folder when it needs to use it. PS: the case of video files is a bit special: unlike other types of objects like List or Active Picture that load directly the file from the EXE, Video objects extract the file to the Windows temp folder before loading them (and delete them when the object is deleted or another file is loaded by the object).

  8. #8
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Just add the file to the Binary Data tab, Fusion will include it in the EXE and the Video object will extract it in a temp folder when it needs to use it. PS: the case of video files is a bit special: unlike other types of objects like List or Active Picture that load directly the file from the EXE, Video objects extract the file to the Windows temp folder before loading them (and delete them when the object is deleted or another file is loaded by the object).
    So how would I be able to play those videos if they are sent to a temp folder? Is there a way to somehow locate them?

Similar Threads

  1. Letting the user choose sound files?
    By Xeeko in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th April 2017, 06:55 PM
  2. Player jumps if user clicks on the display
    By gnodab2 in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th January 2013, 11:12 PM
  3. Advanced video player
    By Jymswiss in forum SWF/Flash Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th October 2012, 08:25 PM
  4. Additional files to remove : default user
    By Feloldur in forum Install Creator and Patch Maker
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th March 2012, 09:22 PM
  5. Advanced Video Player
    By Stephen in forum SWF/Flash Extensions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th May 2011, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •