User Tag List

Thread: Sub app position and recording

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub app position and recording

Hello! The sub app item is a very valuable tool. Nevertheless, there are 2 things I haven't managed to find.

1- When the game is in windowed mode the sub app ( to make a subscreen) opens in the upper left part of the computer's screen regardless where the windows of the first app is running. I would like it opens exactly where the game is running.

2- When I want to record a video of the game in windowed mode the subb app is not recorded. is there a way to fix that please?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1. Either set the sub-app as child window in its properties, or move it using the Window Control object (= add a Window Control object in the sub-app frame and change the position of the window from there, when it's in a sub-app the Window Control object changes the position of the sub-app window).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What recording software are you using? I recall that FRAPS had issues recording sub-apps, but I've had no issues recording sub-apps with OBS Studio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to set up the sub app as child but when you open the sub app it runs with a big slowdown. When I removed Child it also removed the option "Popup window". I tried and it works very well now
    I use FRAPS piscesdream and it works well with the new set up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a trouble I haven't noticed! When I remove the option POPUP WINDOW the subb app works well in windowed mode but in fullscreen mode there is a shift that displays the screen 15 pixels or so from the left edge. The right border is cropped! I have tried many and many things and I haven't find a suitable way to make the subbapp works well either in fullscreen and windowed mode.

There are no subbapp events to change its properies. Is there a way to make runtime events in this case? I would like to set up the subb app in POPUP WINDOW when the players chooses fulscreen mode and remove popup window when the player chooses windowed mode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried using the Window Control object? I had issues with sub-app cropping and placement that were fixed using the Window Control object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a real headache but I have managed to get this stuff to work!
    The window controller object is interesting but doesn't work in full screen mode with the extension ultimate fullscreen.
    I use ultimate fullscreen because it seems that the subbapp doesn't work properly without it.

As I said to get the sub app working well in fullscreen only or windowed only mode is quite easy. The troubles come if the player may choose among these two modes..

Here is my system:

The subb app object has got properties: Do not create at start
    1 resize to object size
    2 Popup window
    3 Deactivate close
    4 Hidden when closed
    5 Modal

The object ultimate fullscreen is present in the frames opened as subbapp but not created at start

If the player chooses the windowed mode things will stay like that
    If the player chooses the fullscreen mode ----> In the global, before the events that control the type of screen ----> Start of frame if frame is opened as subapp ----> Create the ultimate fullscreen object