User Tag List

Thread: I'd like to play a video (.mp4, .avi, .anything) but I just get the audio (sometimes)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question I'd like to play a video (.mp4, .avi, .anything) but I just get the audio (sometimes)

Hi!

I'd like to play short videos in my application, but I haven't figured out how to make that work by now. I have tried Direct Show to load and play multiple files in .mp4, .avi, .mkv, .mpeg format and I only get the audio for some of them (it's also inconsistent within the formats - some .mp4 will give me the audio, some won't).

Am I doing something wrong: When a button is pressed, the Direct Show loads the video which I have selected with a file explorer (so we can rule out the expression errors).
    When another button is pressed, the Direct Show object plays the video, and this is when I get the audio - sometimes; but never any video.

Are there any formats or specific codecs I should consider when exporting these files? I make these videos and export them from Adobe Premiere or sometimes directly with OBS, in case they don't require editing.

Thank you for reading

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Hi!

I'd like to play short videos in my application, but I haven't figured out how to make that work by now. I have tried Direct Show to load and play multiple files in .mp4, .avi, .mkv, .mpeg format and I only get the audio for some of them (it's also inconsistent within the formats - some .mp4 will give me the audio, some won't).

Am I doing something wrong: When a button is pressed, the Direct Show loads the video which I have selected with a file explorer (so we can rule out the expression errors).
    When another button is pressed, the Direct Show object plays the video, and this is when I get the audio - sometimes; but never any video.

Are there any formats or specific codecs I should consider when exporting these files? I make these videos and export them from Adobe Premiere or sometimes directly with OBS, in case they don't require editing.

Thank you for reading
    If you share the mfa and the video it will be easier to help. Which OS are you using? DirectX version? etc

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use OGM (ogg video) or WEBM (googles free video VP8/9 also used in Youtube) (learn ffmpeg for your transcoding needs) as there is a convoluted licensing requirement for MP4 (A popular container format) should you intend to sell your program with the videos.
    OGM has its own Windows ffdshow codec and works natively in Android too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFuego View Post
    Use OGM (ogg video) or WEBM (googles free video VP8/9 also used in Youtube) (learn ffmpeg for your transcoding needs) as there is a convoluted licensing requirement for MP4 (A popular container format) should you intend to sell your program with the videos.
    OGM has its own Windows ffdshow codec and works natively in Android too.
    But OGM doesn't come with windows natively? I have a tester who is still on Windows 7 and can't play even WEBM natively.