User Tag List

Thread: File Object causing antivirus to delete (kcfile.mfx)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

File Object causing antivirus to delete (kcfile.mfx)

Hi, Having an issue with the File Object all of a sudden.

Yesterday my anti virus deleted a file kcfile.mfx, which is the File object.
    I still don't understand why it all of a sudden detected it as a virus?

Anyways I re-installed the last update and the virus program picked it up again right away and I got the warning dialog *see attached

Fileobject.PNG

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main reason it gets flagged as virus is because an application made by Fusion is out in the wild which is doing something unauthodox and the AV doesn't like this.
    May not seem bad to the creator of the program or possibly a hacked version could have been used to create a bad program.
    Antivirus clients report back to base about (possibly with an example of the application)
    Said application is then analysed (Decompiled/Reverse engineered sometimes) to find the cause and then fingerprinted. In this case the kcfile.mfx has been targeted by the antivirus vendor.

It's then up to you or CT to fill out an unblock request via the AV vendors whitelisting process usually found on their websitesite.
    After a day or two the ban is lifted until someone does something again.. and so the cycle begins again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have added. No one actually tells you this as part of making your own programs but it's more important today than it has ever been..You may want to run your applications under a Windows virtual machine with no AV. or create file type and process exceptions from your AV agent so they are ignored and not flagged up by the AV agent.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFuego View Post
    The main reason it gets flagged as virus is because an application made by Fusion is out in the wild which is doing something unauthodox and the AV doesn't like this.
    May not seem bad to the creator of the program or possibly a hacked version could have been used to create a bad program.
    Antivirus clients report back to base about (possibly with an example of the application)
    Said application is then analysed (Decompiled/Reverse engineered sometimes) to find the cause and then fingerprinted. In this case the kcfile.mfx has been targeted by the antivirus vendor.

It's then up to you or CT to fill out an unblock request via the AV vendors whitelisting process usually found on their websitesite.
    After a day or two the ban is lifted until someone does something again.. and so the cycle begins again.
    I understand all that, I created this program over a year ago and have been using it almost daily since.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Mcafee quarantined mine also.
    I had to set the file to trusted.
    Mcafee only filters .exe and .dll
    So I navigated to the extensions folder "../Extensions/Unicode/" and typed kcfile.mfx and it worked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Yeah Mcafee quarantined mine also.
    I had to set the file to trusted.
    Mcafee only filters .exe and .dll
    So I navigated to the extensions folder "../Extensions/Unicode/" and typed kcfile.mfx and it worked.
    Ya, I'm also using McAfee and got mine working too.
    Just don't know why all of a sudden this happened

Thanks