User Tag List

Thread: Sub application shakes while moving when V-Sync is on

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub application shakes while moving when V-Sync is on

Sub application shakes while moving when V-Sync is on (also with a significant frame rate drop). Turn off V-Sync will solve this.

Please check the video:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...splayIssue.mp4

This issue occurs under both DX9&DX11, a bit better under DX11.

Uncheck display as sprite will stop shaking but there still remains a duplicated edge:

(Besides, if uncheck display as sprite, steam remote play will not be able to catch the content of sub application and remains a black area on phone)

Here follows a simple example that shows the issue:

SubDisplayIssue.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears that the bouncing ball motion attached to the sub-application's window is what is responsible for the framerate decrease. Upon disabling this motion the application ran at full speed with V-Sync enabled. What exactly are you looking to do that requires the use of a sub-application in this manner? Can it be done without using one? I would try implementing whatever you are trying to make within the same application, but if you want to move forward with using this sub-application method, then I believe you can do one of two things. You could either disable V-Sync when the sub-application is run via the event editor, or you could disable the "Display as sprite" option in the sub-application's settings to achieve less jittery motion at 30 FPS. Unfortunately I don't have a perfect solution and I don't know if one exists, but I hope this helps.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobydavis View Post
    It appears that the bouncing ball motion attached to the sub-application's window is what is responsible for the framerate decrease. Upon disabling this motion the application ran at full speed with V-Sync enabled. What exactly are you looking to do that requires the use of a sub-application in this manner? Can it be done without using one? I would try implementing whatever you are trying to make within the same application, but if you want to move forward with using this sub-application method, then I believe you can do one of two things. You could either disable V-Sync when the sub-application is run via the event editor, or you could disable the "Display as sprite" option in the sub-application's settings to achieve less jittery motion at 30 FPS. Unfortunately I don't have a perfect solution and I don't know if one exists, but I hope this helps.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I use sub application as a subsystem, and it has a come in/out effect when opening/exiting, for example, when you open your inventory the UI box flies in and flies out when you quit.
    Actually all movements will have this issue, and I use easing object in the real game. As I mentioned before, if turn off display as sprite, steam remote play will not be able to capture sub app and display black box instead, which is not acceptable for a steam game.
    So the only solution possible is turning off V-Sync (and this is the one I’m using, but may encounter micro shutting or screen slice), or I need to rewrite everything as I use another mfa for sub app with several global alterable values.
    That’s why I posted a thread, because only CT can give the perfect solution……
    Besides, don’t know when the old string blank character issue can be fixed……