User Tag List

Thread: How do you Organize Object Behaviors by a Certain Order from First to Last?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do you Organize Object Behaviors by a Certain Order from First to Last?

Let me explain:

Usually, Clickteam goes by certain rules when it comes to which conditions and events is activated before and after one another: usually by top to bottom, but sometimes immediate like when an object collides with something. There are three (I’ll call them “places”) that use the Event Editor: Global, Frames, and Objects. From what I gathered, which place is prioritized before the next is exactly how I listed formally. So we know that the events in the Object behaviors go after the events from Global and Frame so long as it isn’t triggered from an immediate condition.

Now back to the question:
    If the application has multiple objects in the same frame with each having a behavior, which object behavior goes first? If Object A, B, and C all have Alterable Values that count up by 1 every frame, which one gets the first number and which one gets the last number before the cycle loops back? How do we make sure Object A will always be counted first and Object C will only be counted after A and B were counted? Is it Alphabetically? Is it based on which object was created first and if so: created first in Clickteam or created first during the application’s runtime?

So this question may be older than I assume, but I really want to know if there are any changes after the tons and tons of updates this program had since it was a problem for some, years ago.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The behavior order is the internal order the object references are created in the event editor, you haven't access to this informtion. You should design the object behaviors so that they don't depend on the order.

PS: the default event order is Frame events, Global events and then Behaviors, not Global/Frame/Behaviors. PPS: you can change this order in 2.5+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for responding! While it is a bummer that I cannot access or manage the behavior order manually, knowing that I can swap the priorities between the three events leads to a great workaround! Also, my mistake! I got what I assumed was the default from an forum post here.

The reason why I even asked is because there is ONE group of commands that must be last no matter what, and that’s anything that has to do with scrolling. Scrolling makes objects choppy if their movements are after the scrolling instructions and not before.

But thanks again for the response! This helps a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    PPS: you can change this order in 2.5+.
    Quick question: Where exactly can I find this option to switch event order? I could’ve sworn it was on the “Events” section on the Application Properties, but all I see is Global Events, Base Frame, and Qualifiers. I don’t think I can see it anywhere on the Application menu altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RESOLVED: Installation Error! The feature shows up if the DLC was updated alongside the main program.