User Tag List

Thread: Extension development - unable to compile to Windows .exe

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension development - unable to compile to Windows .exe

Hi,

I tried to create a new component - I used the MMF SDK (didn't know about Edif/ DarkEdif at the time) - got it to work (rudimentary but functioning) - in the MMF editor. . Compilation doesn't work (not compatible - will be removed).

I've compiled two versions (Editor/Runtime Unicode) and added them to the relevant directories (Extensions\Unicode and Extension\Data\RunTime\Unicode) - though most extensions just have the version in the extensions directory (the only one I have in both is the JSON extension). I also tried defining EDITOR and RUN_ONLY at the same time (because for this small extension I'm not worried about the extra memory usage)

Any suggestions - I'm obviously missing an 'installation' step - but currently going in circles.

So - I tried DarkEdif and Edif - but although I can compile a component (and I'm just using the template with it's sample actions etc) - I can't get them to work with Fusion. The extension shows up in the extension manager - but not in the create new object dialog...

Many thanks for any assistance..

Martin

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - got Edif to compile and recognise. Same problem though - can't compile (not compatible).

This for the 'template' :-(

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mmf_northern,
    Ext dev help mostly happens in the #ext-dev channel in Clickteam Discord nowadays.
    DarkEdif Template should show up in editor and Create New Object as is, you shouldn't need any extra steps or complication, besides maybe pressing Refresh in Create New Object.

If you originally made a MMF2SDK version, and you switched to an Edif variant, reusing the MFX name or identifier in Edif/DarkEdif, you might have confused Fusion enough for it to hide it? I'm not sure on the circumstances of that.

Message me on the Discord and I can help you debug the thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Phi,

I'll mosey over to Discord...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narrator: but he never did