User Tag List

Thread: Why does this active object revert to "Stopped" animation between frames?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does this active object revert to "Stopped" animation between frames?

This started happening randomly and I can't even remember changing anything. I've deleted every single line of code and it still happens. Is there some setting that causes this or is this a corruption of my game file?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok through process of elimination I found out this happens if you have any animation occupying the "appearing" slot. I can't tell you why that happens but I guess I can avoid it easily enough.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dustingunn View Post
    Ok through process of elimination I found out this happens if you have any animation occupying the "appearing" slot. I can't tell you why that happens but I guess I can avoid it easily enough.
    The Appearing animation auto-plays when you create an object, so Fusion draws the purple bus for one video frame (one of the FPS). Then you change the animation, so Fusion switches back to the red car, so you get a flash of the bus.
    Similarly, if you have one, the Disappearing animation is auto-played if you destroy the object, and the object isn't actually removed until Disappearing finishes.
    Stopped, Walking and Running auto-play when the object moves at a particular speed.

So, this is expected behaviour.

Although, you should not set Appearing or Disappearing to loop their animations. Make sure under Direction Options tab on bottom right of animation editor, you have Loop unchecked.