User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best way to make a pixel art "HD" game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to make a pixel art "HD" game?

All of the applications I've made up to this point have been in very low resolutions, so they always look blurry and off (and even small, with black bars even when the application has the same aspect ratio as my screen even though it should fill the screen nicely) when I full-screen them, and trying to resize every single object by hand to look and work well on a 1920 x 1080 frame is just too much for me, so I figured I had to make an entirely new project with that resolution from scratch.

But the problem is that I don't know how to have everything the right size. I still want to make the game with sprites being based on the default 32 x 32 object resolution, just upscaled to look well on an HD screen, so I'd like to know how to make all the sprites have the same size relative to another, so there isn't any smaller or bigger pixels on the upscaled objects in relation to each other. Is there some way of making every sprite be low res while they still have the correct size for an HD screen? Fullscreen never adjusts correctly to my screen unless the height or width resolution is the exact same as the one my monitor uses.

Thanks, and sorry if my question and text is a bit confusing.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first question, do you have the resize option on? With this option, you can resize pixelart with all their details when the user is in fullscreen or changes its window size.
    Also, you don't need to change all your sprites, just you need to think in 16:9 aspect ratio, ex: 256x144y / 640x360y / 854x480y
    With these sizes you can use fullscreen in fullHD without problem.

I think this is the info you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do have the resize display option turned on, and I made the app have a 16:9 resolution, so in theory it should resize to be full screen, but instead it doesn't resize all the way and ends up having a thick black border all around for some reason.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you upload the file? Only the visual, to see the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    black bars.mfa

It's not the original game of course, but the problem is the exact same.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I see the problem. You have it with direct3d 9, change it for direct3d 11 and you'll can see the perfect pixel

directx.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to scale pixel art you need to do it in set intervals to get pixel precise scaling. Posted this in another thread but use window control and do this:

* Run this event once
    Special : Start loop "resize window" 1 times
    * On loop "resize window"
    Window Control : Set horizontal size to ( 640 * [SCALE VALUE E.G. 2 OR 3] ) + ( WinXSize( "Window Control" ) - ClientWidth( "Window Control" ) )
    Window Control : Set vertical size to ( 360 * [SCALE VALUE E.G. 2 OR 3] ) + ( WinYSize( "Window Control" ) - ClientHeight( "Window Control" ) )

First even starts the loop (not really needed to be a loop, i have it as a loop since i can trigger it multiple times from e.g. options).

Then you set the horizontal size by taking your base size (in this example 640) and you multiply it with the amounts you want to enlarge, e.g. if you want it twice as big you would put in 640*2. This can also be an alt value that you change dynamically. The rest of the variables is to compensate for the very few pixels of the window border itself. If you don't have this, it wont scale pixel perfect.
    Then you do the same for vertical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have direct3d 11 as an option

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you're right, my apologies! The direct3d 11 is an option with the "Fusion 2.5+dlc"
    https://www.clickteam.com/clickteam-fusion-2-5-plus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried doing that but nothing changed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast