User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asking help for embed external files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking help for embed external files

Hi guys, I need some help.
    I embed the external files into the Binary Data, but it seems that I did something wrong.
    If I changed the external files' path. The .exe can not read them except the .exe is in the same path of the .mfa... So the problem is I didn't do the embed external files right.
    I 've read the PDF guide "Data Elements (Binary) - Guide" , and the codes I wrote are like below.
    If it would works. It should be like the picture like below. but I don't know what's wrong I made.
    QQ截图20210620213712.png
    My files are here.
    TEST.zip

my os is windows 10, 1809

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added the codes I left,
    Code:
    * Start of Frame
    	 Special: Extract binary file "D:\TEST\B.txt"
    But the situation has not changed.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    p.s. My Fusion is R293.1, Steam version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried your exe and it didn’t work. I added your files to my d drive and put them in a folder named TEST. I opened your mfa and changed the data elements by adding your files to the binary data files. I built another exe and it works fine. I even deleted the files from my drive yet exe still works. Perhaps you didn’t have the correct path set for your files when you first built you exe.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    I tried your exe and it didn’t work. I added your files to my d drive and put them in a folder named TEST. I opened your mfa and changed the data elements by adding your files to the binary data files. I built another exe and it works fine. I even deleted the files from my drive yet exe still works. Perhaps you didn’t have the correct path set for your files when you first built you exe.
    Thank you, aenever. I've tried to reinstall Fusion, the things happen again. I think I met a special strange situation... But thank your information, It really helps.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, aenever. I 've tried many times and didn't work. can you upload your .mfa to me? I don't know what wrong it is.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

@yves
    Hi yves, I think I got a bug about embed the external files into the binary data. my Fusion version is 2.5+ R293.1, steam. OS is windows 10, 1809.
    -- The most important information is the 5. in the fault investigation I wrote below. --
    QQ截图20210622000159.png

The situation is:
    After I build the .exe. If I changed the external files' path.
    1. The .exe with same path of the .mfa, could works.
    2. The .exe with different path of the .mfa, could not works.

----

I 've did the following fault investigation:
    1. Thanks the help of aenever on floor #4, I know my codes are not wrong. I create new .mfa many times. I think the path set for my files are not wrong, as the code in the .mfa I upload below.
    2. I reinstalled Fusion, didnt add other things to fusion, tried to create new .mfa. Those things happen again.
    3. I tried ANSI files. Those things happen again. So I think it is not about ANSI or Unicode.
    4. I tried to embed some big external files to test. The .exe I built is big enough, so I think the files are indeed embedded.
    5. I Compared an old .mfa (its also build by 2.5+). The old .mfa I made before, I 've embed some fonts by Font Embed Object, and I got a friend tested on another computer. The font file is indeed valid and can be displayed correctly.
    But I used R293.1 fusion to build a new .mfa with same codes. The same friend help me to test, and the .exe on his computer can not works.

---

So I judge it to be an BUG for new fusion version. Please help.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by callofAS View Post
    @yves
    Hi yves, I think I got a bug about embed the external files into the binary data. my Fusion version is 2.5+ R293.1, steam. OS is windows 10, 1809.
    -- The most important information is the 5. in the fault investigation I wrote below. --
    QQ截图20210622000159.png

The situation is:
    After I build the .exe. If I changed the external files' path.
    1. The .exe with same path of the .mfa, could works.
    2. The .exe with different path of the .mfa, could not works.

----

I 've did the following fault investigation:
    1. Thanks the help of aenever on floor #4, I know my codes are not wrong. I create new .mfa many times. I think the path set for my files are not wrong, as the code in the .mfa I upload below.
    2. I reinstalled Fusion, didnt add other things to fusion, tried to create new .mfa. Those things happen again.
    3. I tried ANSI files. Those things happen again. So I think it is not about ANSI or Unicode.
    4. I tried to embed some big external files to test. The .exe I built is big enough, so I think the files are indeed embedded.
    5. I Compared an old .mfa (its also build by 2.5+). The old .mfa I made before, I 've embed some fonts by Font Embed Object, and I got a friend tested on another computer. The font file is indeed valid and can be displayed correctly.
    But I used R293.1 fusion to build a new .mfa with same codes. The same friend help me to test, and the .exe on his computer can not works.

---

So I judge it to be an BUG for new fusion version. Please help.
    @Yves , Sorry, I mistyped the nickname. ↑

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mfa will only work if the files are in the correct spot when it's built. What I'll do is send the exe in a zip. If the exe works I'll post a video step by step.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test
    TEST.zip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast