User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asking help for embed external files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    The mfa will only work if the files are in the correct spot when it's built. What I'll do is send the exe in a zip. If the exe works I'll post a video step by step.
    Hi, aenever. I use the same spot and use the same codes. The .exe I built before can embed fonts, but the .exe I built now can not embed fonts. I think this is a bug for the new fusion version. So the work should give to fusion stuff.
    Your help on floor #4 is enough for me, really thank you. Sorry that I got confused.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves ,the same problem. please check it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ju8n48zxl...0TEMP.zip?dl=0

I upload a zip.
    The .mfa named "win字体打包测试.mfa" is the old mfa. the exe build by it before can works fine.
    The "font test_new.mfa" is a "save as" from the old mfa. I use R239.1 to build a new .exe, but it failed to works.

Same binary data path, same codes.

The Chinese font makes the zip bigger than Forum limit, so I upload it by dropbox.
    The codes are same as old .mfa, I should not change anything.
    what should to see is the group named "字体调整" in the 2 frames. It's about font embed.

----
    Thanks to pradeep , now I know the Temp folder's path. (C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp)
    After I build the "new.exe" and the "old.exe". then I changed the font files to check the font embed.
    - the failed one "new.exe" does not create any .tmp files in Temp folder.
    - the success one "new.exe" do create some .tmp files that looks like fonts' size in Temp folder.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by callofAS View Post
    @Yves ,the same problem. please check it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ju8n48zxl...0TEMP.zip?dl=0

I upload a zip.
    The .mfa named "win字体打包测试.mfa" is the old mfa. the exe build by it before can works fine.
    The "font test_new.mfa" is a "save as" from the old mfa. I use R239.1 to build a new .exe, but it failed to works.

Same binary data path, same codes.

The Chinese font makes the zip bigger than Forum limit, so I upload it by dropbox.
    The codes are same as old .mfa, I should not change anything.
    what should to see is the group named "字体调整" in the 2 frames. It's about font embed.

----
    Thanks to pradeep , now I know the Temp folder's path. (C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp)
    After I build the "new.exe" and the "old.exe". then I changed the font files to check the font embed.
    - the success one "new.exe" do create some .tmp files that looks like fonts' size in Temp folder.
    ↓ sorry for my bad English.

After I build the "new.exe" . then I changed the font files' path to check the font embed. used "new.exe" and the "old.exe" to check:
    - the success one "old.exe" do create some .tmp files that looks like fonts' size in Temp folder.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I've been very busy those last days and didn't take time to visit the forum.

I quickly took a look at your first screenshot, I see you use Extract Binary File for a file that apparently you load to a List object.

You DO NOT need to extract embedded files for objects that support embedded files, like the List object. Just remove your Extract / Release functions.

If this doesn't fix your issue, I'll check the problem asap after the new update is released.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Sorry, I've been very busy those last days and didn't take time to visit the forum.

I quickly took a look at your first screenshot, I see you use Extract Binary File for a file that apparently you load to a List object.

You DO NOT need to extract embedded files for objects that support embedded files, like the List object. Just remove your Extract / Release functions.

If this doesn't fix your issue, I'll check the problem asap after the new update is released.
    Hi, Yves, the .zip file in floor #12, is only used the Font Embed Object and a String Obj. the issue is also happen.
    I want to add something to what I said before:
    I said the .exe could only work at the same path of the .mfa. Actually the path is the project's path. not the .mfa's path. Like that If I changed .mfa's path and the .exe's path.
    The .exe also can't work. It can only work at the same path of the project's.(Or I should say the folder where I create the .mfa)

Please check the floor #12 when you have time.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I took a look (finally...), you should replace the absolute pathnames by relative pathnames (and make sure the TTF files are in the folder of the MFA), i.e. use Apppath$ + "ThaleahFat.ttf" instead of "G:\0TEMP\ThaleahFat.ttf". Do this in both the Extract Binary File and Embed Font actions. This should solve your issue.

PS: you might have another issue if your app is executed from a user account whose name contains non-Chinese Unicode characters, as the Font Embed object is not Unicode and embedded files are extracted to the Windows temp folder that is a sub-folder of the Windows user folder. But it's another story. If you want to fix this possible issue, you might have to either provide your TTF files in the same folder as youre EXE and call Font Embed without any pathname, or use the File object to set the current directory to the directory of the extracted files and then also call Font Embed without any pathname.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I took a look (finally...), you should replace the absolute pathnames by relative pathnames (and make sure the TTF files are in the folder of the MFA), i.e. use Apppath$ + "ThaleahFat.ttf" instead of "G:\0TEMP\ThaleahFat.ttf". Do this in both the Extract Binary File and Embed Font actions. This should solve your issue.

PS: you might have another issue if your app is executed from a user account whose name contains non-Chinese Unicode characters, as the Font Embed object is not Unicode and embedded files are extracted to the Windows temp folder that is a sub-folder of the Windows user folder. But it's another story. If you want to fix this possible issue, you might have to either provide your TTF files in the same folder as youre EXE and call Font Embed without any pathname, or use the File object to set the current directory to the directory of the extracted files and then also call Font Embed without any pathname.
    It works! Thank you, Yves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2