User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Equin 2: The Warren Peace, Coming to Steam this November!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equin 2: The Warren Peace, Coming to Steam this November!

Hello, everyone!

I'm happy to say that the Steam page for my new roguelike, "Equin 2: The Warren Peace" has gone live and will be released this upcoming November!

EQUIN 2: THE WARREN PEACE
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1630690

SS1a.pngSS9.pngSS8.png

---

STORY:

When an evil wizard writes a 6000-page book to bore the townspeople to death, it's up to you to take the damn thing and return it FROM WHENCE IT CAME.

Dive back into the roguelike world of Equin: It's rabbit warriors vs evil enemies in a challenging traditional roguelike! Specially-designed to not need a MENSA membership to figure out.

FEATURES:

Holy cow, a roguelike that's it's an actual roguelike??!: Permadeath, Tile-Based / Turn-Based movement, randomized dungeons. Huzzah!

Easy to learn control scheme: One of the things that keeps me from playing traditional roguelikes very much are the complex keys to figure out. In Equin: The Warren Peace, every action is tied to a context menu that pulls up by pressing the Space Bar. Near a well and next to a door? Press space to have the option to either drink the well water, fill an empty bottle, or enter the building. No more 1,000,000 keyboard possibilities. "Fight monsters, not the controls!"

Four classes that play differently: Warriors can use two handed weapons and excel with all armor and shields, but are very weak vs. magic. Thieves can use inspect chests for mimics or steal from shops. Wizards cast offensive magic and can convert unwanted items into XP to help them grow. Clerics are holy champions who excel fighting undead enemies, making them REGULAR dead enemies.

Your adventure takes you through a swampy temple, arid desert, undead crypt, frozen prison, and evil magic tower. Discover special event rooms, powerful statues, treasure chests, and devious monsters along the way!

Battle enemies in GLORIOUS 1st person combat: Gain fighting options depending on what you're holding- Slash with swords, bash with shields, chant magic from books, stab with knives and more. Manage your stamina like a pro or equip the "The Warren Peace" book to help you!

Fight boss enemies at the end of each area to get a special key that opens the vault for great rewards. Or don't and take the escape ladder out instead- it's up to you!

Special floor events can spice things up: Rain, Darkness, Anti-Magic, Time Bombs, Firestorms, Jailbreaks and more!

Colorful graphics, with hundreds of equipment pieces that show up on your guy while worn: Never have to guess what your character is wearing again! If he's using a huge battleaxe, wearing heavy iron armor then that's what he'll look like on the screen too.

Original OST: A soundtrack featuring drums, bass, keyboards, guitar, and thankfully no singing this time!

WISHLIST TODAY!

If this looks like something you'd be interested in, or maybe you know someone who would like to try roguelikes but finds the controls too complex, then this might just be for you!

Thank you, everyone!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equin 2's demo is now available for download off Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Warren_Peace/

This allows for you to play as the Warrior through the first two areas. Otherwise there are no other restrictions.

Thanks!

DEMO-SS2.pngDEMO-SS3.pngDEMO-SS1.pngDEMO-SS4.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it is now out!

Thanks everyone and to Clickteam for your awesome product that let me make this!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Warren_Peace/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on getting another game finished and released! I hope the launch went well
    I never get bored of roguelikes (been playing a bit of "Labyrinth of Legendary Loot" recently, and just started on my own roguelike).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! it honestly looks really cool, has that Gameboy color / advance aesthetic

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    Congratulations on getting another game finished and released! I hope the launch went well
    I never get bored of roguelikes (been playing a bit of "Labyrinth of Legendary Loot" recently, and just started on my own roguelike).
    Thanks, MM! This one looks to improve upon things the first one had some issues with (biggest quite literally being a 'bigger' playfield). As you know it uses your method of displaying tiles which was super important to both games. Another big change this time around is that it's not reliant on outside files to generate levels anymore- it's all done using active objects and sorting through through every pixel's color and assigning the values to the array itself.

RE Launch: Looks like I'll get some free utilities out of it in a month or so, so victory achieved!

--

I want to see your own roguelike, that's gonna be killer I'm sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linky View Post
    Congrats! it honestly looks really cool, has that Gameboy color / advance aesthetic
    Oh yeah, this is by design. I love those old games and probably always will.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's unmistakeably Equin, but seems like you've made a lot of subtle improvements (it's funny to think that you can now see as well in a dark cave as you could during daylight in the old version). It has quite an "epic" feel too, with all those different environments, instead of just endless dungeon levels like you get in many roguelikes.

That sounds like an unorthodox way of storing map data, but whatever works!

My roguelike will probably end up as vapourware, the same as all my other games - that's why I'm always so amazed and impressed that you're able to keep finishing one game after another!
    The plan though, is basically a "Microgue" clone ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevbPyHNDFI ) - so more of a puzzle-roguelite than a true roguelike - but expanded from a coffeebreak game to more of a lunchbreak game - with new monsters, traps, objects and environments. Aside from the procedural generation, it should be much simpler than your games in most respects (hopefully).

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    Yes, it's unmistakeably Equin, but seems like you've made a lot of subtle improvements (it's funny to think that you can now see as well in a dark cave as you could during daylight in the old version). It has quite an "epic" feel too, with all those different environments, instead of just endless dungeon levels like you get in many roguelikes.

That sounds like an unorthodox way of storing map data, but whatever works!

My roguelike will probably end up as vapourware, the same as all my other games - that's why I'm always so amazed and impressed that you're able to keep finishing one game after another!
    The plan though, is basically a "Microgue" clone ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevbPyHNDFI ) - so more of a puzzle-roguelite than a true roguelike - but expanded from a coffeebreak game to more of a lunchbreak game - with new monsters, traps, objects and environments. Aside from the procedural generation, it should be much simpler than your games in most respects (hopefully).
    You do yourself a disservice with all the stuff you know how to accomplish with code. I have no doubt it'll be awesome.
    Without looking at this link yet I hear the same kind of things about a game called Rift Wizard, in that it's more puzzle-like.

Regardless though you have to let me know when you have something working so I can try it out, ok?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, knowing how to do something and actually doing it, are two quite different things.
    I'm trying to keep a to-do list and set a small, achievable goal for each coding session, so that I keep making slow but steady progress.

I have a 5 step plan:
    1.) Implement all core gameplay mechanics in a handmade test room (movement, combat, puzzles, etc), minus animation.
    2.) Procedural generation of individual rooms (I'm using the Spelunky method, which should be really quick and easy).
    3.) Procedural generation of worlds / quests (not quite sure how I'm doing this...).
    4.) Create content - room templates, graphics, monsters, traps, etc (the fun part!).
    5.) Everything else - menus, story, sounds, etc.

So far, I'm still in the early stages of step 1 - basically it's a Sokoban clone (the player movement is deceptively complicated though). I was hoping to make a generic enemy AI, that could be used for all the monsters in the game just by tweaking a few values, but no such luck - there's too much variety, so each one is going to need to be coded individually.

I haven't played Rift Wizard, but it looks interesting (very different from what I'm doing). I like the concept of trying to find good "builds" (synergistic combinations of spells).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast