User Tag List

Thread: Good way to make object move back and forth over area?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Good way to make object move back and forth over area?

I am thinking of making a simple movement pattern for an object, think a leaf on the top of a lake that slowly drifts back and forth (in theX axis from a side view). Not sure what would be the best method to make this look smooth and good though. Also the object should be "anchored" to a point so it does not drift to far away from it. Say in an area that is 50 pixels to either side of the "anchor".

Do anyone know of a good way to achieve this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably not the best way but whenever I have to make something with a movement like this I usually just animate an active object by hand. Your anchor could be a hotspot dead center, then animate the leaf to the right and then left of that spot.

But yeah I'm sure someone can tell you how to do this mathematically but that is for sure not my strong suit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is several possibility but i need ton know wath effect you want exactly (with a small video, a gif...)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_Duio View Post
    It's probably not the best way but whenever I have to make something with a movement like this I usually just animate an active object by hand. Your anchor could be a hotspot dead center, then animate the leaf to the right and then left of that spot.

But yeah I'm sure someone can tell you how to do this mathematically but that is for sure not my strong suit.
    Yes animation will not work for this I think

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    there is several possibility but i need ton know wath effect you want exactly (with a small video, a gif...)
    Hmm I don't have an example in mind, but just something that moves slowly back and forth over an area at random. Like I said think a leaf on a lake where there is a slight breeze at times pushing the leaf slowly over the water

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually use builtin ballmovement for something like this, simplest way to get smooth movement for "free".
    I have some trouble picturing what you're actually looking for but something like this ?
    Ofcourse this can be refined with tweaking of values and adding some randomization, animation to make the effect better.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    I would actually use builtin ballmovement for something like this, simplest way to get smooth movement for "free".
    I have some trouble picturing what you're actually looking for but something like this ?
    Ofcourse this can be refined with tweaking of values and adding some randomization, animation to make the effect better.
    Thank you! That looks good! I found a similar solution though with just using an acceleration value that increases or decreseas by a very small amount from an xpos value.