User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Dev + is running in Pop!OS but can't run a frame

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5 Dev + is running in Pop!OS but can't run a frame

Hi all, I'm attempting to migrate away from Windows as a whole and have Fusion running well now via Proton 6.3-5 on Pop!OS.

However I get an error when I attempt to run a frame or a program that says, "This application has been built with an incompatible version of Clickteam Fusion."

I'm guessing it compiles ok but it isn't responding well to running the temporary executable.

If I could get past this point, I could likely ditch Windows once and for all. Does anyone have any experience with this or ideas on a workaround?

Thanks kindly for your time.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again. Yves, would I be better off reaching out directly to Clickteam customer service for this? Is the forum an incorrect place to posit the question above?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry I've no idea about why this message is displayed in your case... I think it's usually displayed when the EXE of the runtime doesn't correspond to the version of the editor, but I don't see why it would do it in your case.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its because you are running it through wine/proton - the playtesting feature used to work, but seems like after the 2.5+ dlc it broke. This is a problem for steam users running it through proton on linux. Shame since the steam deck coming out soon with steamos based on arch linux will have a crippled fusion 2.5+

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The solution to this on the steam forum is to "please run Update from inside Fusion to get the latest update."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24817...85/?l=schinese

Problem is that the update command is disabled in the steam version. Is it updated to the latest release on steam?
    @Yves?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is indeed because the version on steam is from last year!
    oldFusion.png

and the check for update command does not work

@Yves why is this not being updated on steam?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After testing this with the installers from my passport page -I can confirm that this problem is only present on the steam version. If you manually install it, then install the update patch and finally the plus patch - playtesting works on linux.

If you however do it though steam - playtesting does not work and you get that error message

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam handles the updates, so that option is deactivated.
    What you can do is get the beta code and add to Fusion properties on Steam so you can update to the latest beta, it might work (or not)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This brings up a good question. What version or versions of Linux does Clickteam see being supported?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not "officially" supported, getting it to run is pure luck.
    It doesn't use anything too fancy tho, except DX11 on 2.5+ DLC.

It may be possible that the Steam version doesn't work properly on Linux because of the piracy protection, although I think the whole software wouldn't work, not only the runtime.
    So it's most likely that it's just because a software is launching another and this causes some conflicts, it may be corrupting the app exe on run, who knows ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast