User Tag List

Thread: How to Implement Achievements for Steam?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Implement Achievements for Steam?

Hey everyone.

Are there any guides on how to implement achievements in a game you are releasing on steam? A small publisher is interested in my Mutant Colossus game and they are really keen on adding achievements to the steam release. One of the things I'm interested in is whether or not I can store values on the steam cloud, for things like "kill a certain amount of enemies". I don't want to use an INI file if I can avoid it. As I suspect that might be to easy for players to cheat.

The Steamworks extension looks pretty complicated, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/90189-Publish-on-STEAM-What-changes-you-need-to-do-to-your-game/page7

You probably know this thread, but in case you missed there's one post on page 7 that may really help you. AFAIK there's still no step-by step tutorial on how to use the steamworks object, achievements, do leaderboards, cloud save and stuff. I'll have to do all this soon and I'm really not looking forward to it without proper documentation...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Julian, thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen that. I was looking specifically for the achievements thing. As that's what the guy from the publisher was most interested in. I hadn't thought to look in a general thread like that.

Is there any documentation on the Steamworks extension, I haven't been able to find any. The website that is linked too in the properties of the extension dosen't even mention it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's two steps to this. One is to setup the achievements and related stats to track for those achievements on the Steamworks website. Then you can use the Steamworks Fusion object to send data to your game on Steam that would unlock those achievements. For instance, say you have one achievement called "Beat Level 1." You can either have a dedicated value for Level 1 that would increment when you beat it, and set that achievement in the Steamworks website to have a maximum value of 1, thus unlocking it at the moment; or you can use the Steamworks fusion object to unlock the achievement directly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

in STEAMWORK create your achievements
    (https://partner.steamgames.com/apps/...s/your_id_game)

cq.png

for unlock in the Fusion use the plugin STEAMWORK
    as.png

put same name
    dfds.png

and finish
    Captura de Tela (36).png