User Tag List

Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 293.10 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just do this via a checkbox on each object - something to the effect of "create at start of every frame"?
    Possibly. So long as this doesn't require selecting every object and manually turning on the checkbox, then yeah, I think it would be faster. If it were by default activated for every object, or an option to force activate all objects retroactively, that should take care of any issues I see with existing objects needing that checkbox activated.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    I don't know how the structure of 2.5 works, so this suggestion may be completely unfeasible but I'm just going to throw it out there. Would it be possible to create a Global Frame Editor, similar to the Global Event Editor, except its sole purpose is that any objects in the Global Frame Editor are automatically injected into every frame available from the Storyboard Editor?
    I think it would be a great feature!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue when you copy/paste child events in a group is still present and ruins EVRYTHING ! I've lost many hours of work just because of the copy/paste of an event with child events...

Sans titre.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    The issue when you copy/paste child events in a group is still present and ruins EVRYTHING ! I've lost many hours of work just because of the copy/paste of an event with child events...

Sans titre.jpg
    Still present? Was this reported before? Can't see this in my list, I must have missed it. Can I reproduce it easily or in specific cases?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the ideas.

I don't know how the structure of 2.5 works, so this suggestion may be completely unfeasible but I'm just going to throw it out there. Would it be possible to create a Global Frame Editor, similar to the Global Event Editor, except its sole purpose is that any objects in the Global Frame Editor are automatically injected into every frame available from the Storyboard Editor?
    A bit less complicated to do that real frame templates, but still quite complex. I'll check all the internal changes that are involved.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just do this via a checkbox on each object - something to the effect of "create at start of every frame"?
    I'll try to see how this could work. We could also limit the frames with an option in their properties, no need to add all objects to a splash screen that usually needs to be loaded very quickly.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I've been thinking a bit for some time, I don't see any easy solution in 2.5, except for a "Copy to other frames" command where you would select frames in a list as I mentioned before. I think real frame templates or frame hierarchy as in F3 are a bit too complicated for the current version. But I'm still looking for solutions (and please share any idea you may have, this could help).
    Hope F3 is going well. As others I would love to be able to use it. As for F2.5, I have suggested this before but I don't remember if the answer was it was too difficult or not worth adding as F3 was coming out with support? This is a workaround but if it could be possible it would solve the problem for active objects.

Create objects from Global Event editor
    Could you allow the creation of objects in the Global event editor even if the current frame it runs from does not have that object?

When you try to create an active object from the global event editor, the action will only be performed if the frame already has that object. If it does not then no object is created. In contrast, when you create an object in a Frames Event editor you can pick objects from other frames to create and the action will work.

If I can create objects in the same way from the global event editor I can easily bring in game objects from my template frame to all of my game frames.

The workflow for the developer would be:
    1. Create a frame to use as the template
    2. Create all the active objects in this frame, with global and behaviour events.
    3. Create many frames as my game frames ensuring the Global Event editor is enabled for them
    4. In the global event editor add the actions to create each global active object, picked from my template frame.
    5. All the game frames that use the global event editor would now create the objects when the frame starts.
    6. When I need to add a new game frame, I just create the frame as normal with the global event editor enabled, the objects are created automatically when the frame starts.

Template objects (parent and child)

Another idea I have had is a template 'parent' object. This object has a list in its properties. In this list you add active objects from a frame (pick them like you would in the Create event action).

Then create a 'child' template object. The property of this object is to specify the name of a parent template object. When the frame runs, the child template object would query the named parent and bring all the objects into the frame to use.

The advantage would be I would only need to add one child template object to every frame in my game and I can update the parent template object to add or remove objects as needed during development. Furthermore, I could create several parent template objects and chose which ones to use in any given frame.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yves were you able to reproduce the spritesheet box mode export/import issue mfa i sent you, as it is still present in the last 2 builds.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly. So long as this doesn't require selecting every object and manually turning on the checkbox, then yeah, I think it would be faster. If it were by default activated for every object, or an option to force activate all objects retroactively, that should take care of any issues I see with existing objects needing that checkbox activated.
    Definitely not activated by default! That would be asking for problems. Every time you created an object and forgot to uncheck the option, you'd be setting up potential bugs and/or resource wastage in every other frame of your application. Imagine finding a bug in a rarely-used frame of your application that was caused by some object you created 5 months ago in some other frame, somewhere, that was secretly gatecrashing and interfering in the current frame. It'd be bound to happen eventually and would be a pain to track down. It'd be a safer option to have this feature as an opt-in rather than an opt-out, so that you only check it for the objects that actually need it.

This would be similar in experience to how the "global object" checkbox is now, which seems fine to me. If you want to do 100 objects at once, it's not a big deal: you just drag-select them, click the checkbox once, and it'll apply it to all 100 at once.

Also, many (most?) people probably won't have much use for this feature (I, for example, wouldn't use it except maybe for 1-2% of my objects). So you don't want to force those people to have to remember to uncheck a box every time they create an object just to disable a feature they never asked for, especially since the penalty for forgetting to do so may be potential bugs and resource wastage.

By the way, perhaps a useful additional feature would be to add a "select all automatically created objects" to the Frame Editor right-click menu (next to "select all instances of this object", "select all objects with a certain qualifier", etc.). That would let you quickly see which objects do and don't have this feature enabled without having to investigate them one by one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not activated by default! That would be asking for problems. Every time you created an object and forgot to uncheck the option, you'd be setting up potential bugs and/or resource wastage in every other frame of your application. Imagine finding a bug in a rarely-used frame of your application that was caused by some object you created 5 months ago in some other frame, somewhere, that was secretly gatecrashing and interfering in the current frame. It'd be bound to happen eventually and would be a pain to track down. It'd be a safer option to have this feature as an opt-in rather than an opt-out, so that you only check it for the objects that actually need it.

This would be similar in experience to how the "global object" checkbox is now, which seems fine to me. If you want to do 100 objects at once, it's not a big deal: you just drag-select them, click the checkbox once, and it'll apply it to all 100 at once.

Also, many (most?) people probably won't have much use for this feature (I, for example, wouldn't use it except maybe for 1-2% of my objects). So you don't want to force those people to have to remember to uncheck a box every time they create an object just to disable a feature they never asked for, especially since the penalty for forgetting to do so may be potential bugs and resource wastage.

By the way, perhaps a useful additional feature would be to add a "select all automatically created objects" to the Frame Editor right-click menu (next to "select all instances of this object", "select all objects with a certain qualifier", etc.). That would let you quickly see which objects do and don't have this feature enabled without having to investigate them one by one.
    Maybe I misunderstood. I was under the impression this was to have objects available in the frame library/event editor so they didn't have to be copy/pasted to every frame, not necessarily loaded into the runtime at the start. If that were the case, then yeah, I definitely agree about potential bugs and resource waste.

Selecting multiple objects is fine in almost all cases, just draw a box, change your option and boom - done. But what I meant is if someone is retroactively activating this for their existing frames. It'd be tedious to find every object and click if they're not in a "pool" area outside of the playfield. If I were to have to go back and click on every object I wanted to activate this option for in my level, it'd be a whole BUNCH of clicking. My tiles are broken down into chunks and I can have hundreds of tiles alone for backdrops, let alone sprites. That's why I like the idea of an option to manually force all objects as global. But only if this is strictly for carrying over the objects to other frame/event libraries and doesn't automatically load them into memory at runtime.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about the global objects, now only actives can sync settings over frames. However there are some limitations, hopes global object's sync could be split into different parts, e.g., only sync alterable values & only sync animations or display/runtime settings. For example, I have a megbox object, which should share the same UI over frames, but it will display different stuff in different sub systems (e.g., skill info or item info), so the alterable values are different, which stops me setting them global, and need to modify each object when I need to tweak UI.
    BTW, maybe it's impossible in 2.5, can we set extension to "global" and sync it's settings & alterable values over frame? If I have some basic extensions in each frame, it's a bit annoying to sync the settings manually.

Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast