User Tag List

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 293.8 - Beta version

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNoYes View Post
    Also, it appears that when referencing a Global String by index, it's using a 1-based index, instead of zero-based like with Alterable Strings of Active Objects. Could anyone confirm this one?
    This is intentional, if you see the Values properties of the app you'll see that it shows a numbers starting with 1.
    Alterable Values/Strings are in fact 0-based but it does show in the corner of the calculator that it works this way. Same goes for globals.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) the expression function random() doesn't seem to be able to generate numbers outside the range 0-65535.

RRandom() is similarly affected. It doesn't generate random numbers outside the range 0-32767
    That's an old 16-bit limitation, int can go from 0-65535 if not including negatives, with negatives it just splits the value in two.
    I'm not sure if they can change this at this point, must be tied to the old code from previous softwares like K&P.
    Either way, the built-in randomization isn't good enough if you're doing something more advanced, it will repeat the pattern pretty clearly...

You can try MT Random object, Random Pool, Randomizer object or String Generator.
    Uppernate also did a great custom random number generator, you can find on the community forum I believe.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    This is intentional, if you see the Values properties of the app you'll see that it shows a numbers starting with 1.
    Alterable Values/Strings are in fact 0-based but it does show in the corner of the calculator that it works this way. Same goes for globals.
    It's intentional? I must say it seems a bit bizarre that 2 different base-indexes would be used for 2 built-in functions that are virtually identical. I did notice that Global Values started at 1 in the properties, but I didn't think it related to the actual index. I'm sure there's valid reasons why it's been implemented in this way, but it kind of adds an extra layer of confusion & potentially adds more code to routines which address global variables just trying to make the math work. Not a big issue for me though, I'll just use Alterable Strings from Active Objects instead.

As for the random number issue, that's a bit of a gotcha imo. I don't personally need random numbers to be either that precise or even that random for any particular project I'm working on, but I was trying to generate a series of random numbers across the full range of word sizes for a test I was doing regarding masking out select bits using "0bxxxx xxxx" formatted strings stored in globals as a bitmask (which is how I discovered the indexing idiosyncrasy), and I wondered why it was returning 0 when masking into the 3rd & 4th byte. Again, not a massive problem, but something I had expected to be able to do in a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit computer

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a bug with the new "Play Sample (all parameters)" action, that overrides a channel volume instead of just changing the volume of the sample that it's playing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    potentially adds more code to routines which address global variables just trying to make the math work.
    Not really, if you're using loopindex or random(), you just need to add 1.
    I guess it is this way cause Global Values was introduced later on, we always have to assume it's like this because of a old limitation, either way, if they change it now it will break everybody's projects, so this ain't gonna happen, perhaps on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see so much potential on the Tools menu + toolbar customization... Definitely a underrated (almost hidden) feature!

But it has some major problems:
    - You can only have 10 tools in the tools menu (you can't even choose which ones if you have more than 10 EXE on the tools folder!)
    - The icon editor for the toolbar customization is ancient, it has only 16 colors... Would be awesome if it was updated to the new icon editor!
    - Command line arguments can only be set by tool and not by icon on the toolbar... Would be awesome if we could also have arguments for each icon placed on the toolbar, so a single tool could do multiple stuff.

The last suggestion alone could bypass the 10 tools limit and make it so much more useful!
    Since you can actually have multiple different icons pointing to the same tool, being able to change the command line arguments individually would be amazing.
    I know it's not a much talked feature, but I think if it gets a nice update (even if it was 2.5+ exclusive) and get a nice video showing what you can do with it, it would become a lot popular!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Resize grid snapping

A nice little addition to fusion would be the ability to resize objects in the frame editor while snapping the resize handles to the grid. If I remember correctly Klik & Play could do that so why not fusion, it can be a new optional check box in grid properties

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found an issue, i don't remember if it has been already reported, the black color (0,0,0) of quick backdrop object is slightly red (0,0,8).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    the black color (0,0,0) of quick backdrop object is slightly red (0,0,8).
    Not a bug, the black 0,0,0 is used for transparency by default, so it's normal that anything visible will not be it.
    You can change it by double clicking the transparency box on the image editor, but it can only be changed per object (and per animation I believe), changing this to something like 255,0,255 you are able to use 0,0,0.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've getting an error when exporting to Android with one extension that seems to be related to the changes on the beta... (the extension is PushOneSignal from ClickStore)

> Task :app:processDebugMainManifest FAILED
    C:\Users\NaitorStudios\Documents\Clickteam Fusion Temp\And8C11.tmp\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml: 17:3-51 Error:
    Attribute application@requestLegacyExternalStorage at AndroidManifest.xml:17:3-51 requires a placeholder substitution but no value for <Legacy> is provided.
    C:\Users\NaitorStudios\Documents\Clickteam Fusion Temp\And8C11.tmp\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml Error:
    Validation failed, exiting

Seems like it either changes something on the AndroidManifest or it request something that isn't available on Fusion anymore... Can this be fixed?
    This extension is currently the only notification extension available that still works, I wish Fernando had finished the promised notification extension (found about it on an really old article)

Edit: Seems like the extension did added the placeholders to PrepareAndroidBuild, so something something seems wrong with Android runtime...

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast