User Tag List

Thread: Windows System Sound Effects Are Playing Despite No Problems?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows System Sound Effects Are Playing Despite No Problems?

Hi,

Before you send me to a similar thread, I have already looked and am still confused.

I am trying to enhance a dialogue system I found on this website with choice-based options for a visual novel game idea I had. Currently working on a prototype.

Original is here https://community.clickteam.com/threads/98144-RPG-dialogue-test-(Tutorial)

Everytime I pass a certian paragraph (after making the choice), each line of text is followed by an annoying windows system beep.

Everything seems to be working fine, but maybe I have contradicting lines of code or something? I am very confused.

I have attached my MFA below.

Visual Novel Game.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to have something to do with the button being disabled while simultaneously being in focus (the user has focused it by clicking on it). Maybe it's a design flaw in how the button works. Not sure.

Either way, it looks like you can fix the problem by forcibly bringing focus to the window (and, presumably, away from the button) using the Window Control Object, like this:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    It seems to have something to do with the button being disabled while simultaneously being in focus (the user has focused it by clicking on it). Maybe it's a design flaw in how the button works. Not sure.

Either way, it looks like you can fix the problem by forcibly bringing focus to the window (and, presumably, away from the button) using the Window Control Object, like this:

Thanks man, decided to replace it with an active object and that fixed everything. I read more about it and I think its a wise investment.