User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how to keep same screen resolution on all screens

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation how to keep same screen resolution on all screens

quick question - i have my game set to fullscreen at boot up and stretch to fit the screen. my computer is 1366x768 and my game stretches and fits perfectly, but for a monitor thats like 5120x1440 would my game stretch to fit that whole screen? because then itll look ugly. how do i keep it at like 1366x768? my game is 800x480

code: https://www.mediafire.com/view/vpykw...sfgdb.png/file

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check both Keep Aspect Ratio and Fit Inside (Black Bars)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euingee View Post
    quick question - i have my game set to fullscreen at boot up and stretch to fit the screen. my computer is 1366x768 and my game stretches and fits perfectly, but for a monitor thats like 5120x1440 would my game stretch to fit that whole screen? because then itll look ugly. how do i keep it at like 1366x768? my game is 800x480

code: https://www.mediafire.com/view/vpykw...sfgdb.png/file
    Is your game a pixel art game?

You want integer scaling in that case, because Fusion can't scale low res pixel art very well (it will almost always look messed up).

The Ultimate Fullscreen extension can do it (Windows only). I also have just uploaded an example that includes a integer scaling method, into the examples forum here, but it is jus waiting for mods to approve it. It uses sub to do pixel perfect integer scaling, and is extensionless, so maybe that will work for you once it's up

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up if you use Ultimate Fullscreen and plan on releasing your game on Steam: It doesn't jive well with the Steam overlay and caused issues for me so I had to take it out.

You can also look into using the Window Resizer object (or whatever it's called, it's something like that though)- You can have it stretch to the exact proportions you want - i.e. 1366x768.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame the Ultimate Fullscreen has flaws because it would otherwise perfectly fit my own needs. I came over with another solution using the Kernel Object. As my app is vertically scrolling, having black bars was a no go. I ended up with that solution which features no black bars and square pixel ratio (but at the cost of some scrolling which may not meet the needs of Euingee) :

fullScreen without bars_3.mfa

I would be glad if someone else could test it. My screen is 1680*1050 and I could not test it yet on a 1920 * 1080 resolution (which is the aimed at resolution).
    It uses however the kernel Object which is a Developer only extension so sorry for the inconvenience.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fine, I'm running 1920 x 1080

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ! Thank you.

facade_bars.jpg

So, as I am developing for 1080p full HD screens but don't have one (1680 * 1050 here) I see the black bars with the standard Fusion fullscreen (at left) while with my tweakings (at right) I don't see them and can catch a few more details than you because my screen is slighly less wide (I see the bottom of the 5th floor while you should barely see the top of the 4th) right ?

But for more exotic ratios perhaps somme people prefere having black bars so I remade my test application to allow switching between the two options :

fullScreen without bars_4.mfa

I don't know though if that solves the Steam overlay and multiple monitor issues of the Ultimate Fullscreen object. Feedback would be welcome on those points (and on other screen configurations too).

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Brovic I don't have a ultrawide screen to try, but I would say that no, this won't fix it, for one reason: You seem to be doing exactly what UFS does, which is resizing the internal window...
    The issue with UFS is that the Steam overlay is attached to the internal window instead of the external window, meaning if the internal window goes outside the internal window, Steam overlay will be cropped off.
    I was trying to make a extension to replace UFS, doing it in a way that wouldn't cause this issue, but seems like Fusion block users from changing the app's resolution to certain sizes, it seems that it depends on the default resolution.
    It might be something of the resize function that blocks it, so I may try removing some of the logic to see if it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, too bad. Thanks for the feedback and trying to find a solution.
    I'll have to live either without the overlay or with useless black bars which is pretty frustrating for a vertical scrolling application.
    But I am yet far from a release on Steam, hopefuly there will be a solution by then.
    The annoying thing is the trick implies some calculations and layer offsets and I have to decide by now which display option I prioritise over the other.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it's possible to find the overlay and move it to the main window... But perhaps it's not attached to the main window cause it would be behind the frame (?)
    Unless it's attached to the main window, but with always on front set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast