User Tag List

Thread: Paste into Background issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paste into Background issue

First off, I want to say that yes, I did research this topic, and yes, it does seem as if it is a known bug/issue and that others have had problems with it. I'm just following up because the topics that have already gone over this are from years ago and wanted to see whether there has been any sort of update or workaround to the issue. I've been trying to do a Zamboni simulation with pasting the "Squeegee" shaped object to the background, but it will not rotate. Rather than go into too much detail, I'll just provide a video:

https://youtu.be/9quGBQQ3BE4

Also, on top of that, because (as I've read at least) the pasted objects count toward the max objects, the "trail" runs out pretty quickly. In fact, probably not long after I stopped the video.

Does anyone have any better suggestions as to how to accomplish this effect? I wish I could just scrub a new color onto a large active object whenever the squeegee touches the pixel or something. Another thought would to make a bunch of "dirty ice" active objects that get destroyed with "clean ice" showing underneath, but I'd like the trail/ribbon to be accurate and not a bunch of large blocks.

Anyway, thanks for the input and suggestions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could store the angle of the Zamboni(?) as an alterable value, and instead of pasting an object every frame you create a single active object, then stretch it while the angle remains the same, creating new active objects when the angle changes

Something like
    1. Alterable value A == angle(Zamboni) (once while loop)
    -- do this once, create active object "trail"

2. Alterable value A == angle(Zamboni)
    - set Xscale "trail" to distance between where it was first created and distance of Zamboni

3. Alterable value A != angle(Zamboni)
    - (same events as line 1)

Alternatively you could up the number of active objects in the frame properties, or use the surface object to create the trails

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this idea a lot. I'd considered using/stretching an object but gave up on it because I didn't want the whole trail to rotate, of course, but I like the thought of creating a new one when the angle changes. Also, I've never heard of the surface object but after looking it up it looks interesting. Wish it supported Android runtime, though.

Anyway, thanks. That's definitely something to chew on.