User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly getting a crash when opening my MFA

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suddenly getting a crash when opening my MFA

I haven't worked on my game in a few weeks and suddenly now have a crash when opening the MFA. The last change was on 5/10/2021. How can I debug what's going on with the editor?

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I should clarify. The MFA opens fine and I can open a Frame in the editor, but when attempting to go to the event editor, Clickteam Fusion crashes.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you can send me your MFA I can take a look.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just as suddenly stopped happening, so I'm not sure if it's specific to my MFA or something else. Wondering if it's something I've done wrong in an extension (I have a handful of simple extensions I've written). Where should I send the MFA? I'd like to keep it private.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can send it to me by PM (upload it somewhere and send me a link). (I added you to my contacts, so you should be able to send me a PM)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    This just as suddenly stopped happening, so I'm not sure if it's specific to my MFA or something else. Wondering if it's something I've done wrong in an extension (I have a handful of simple extensions I've written). Where should I send the MFA? I'd like to keep it private.
    One thing it could be, you can't change A/C/E parameters or return types, or the MFA events using the originals will be corrupted. The usual method is to create a new A/C/E and rename the original A/C/E to an re-create warning.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has started happening to me (again) as well. Running my MFA just crashes to desktop. It's probably not antivirus (I use ESET NOD32, but this happens even when I disable it). I guess it's probably not Windows corruption either, as I've very recently done a fresh install of Windows. Yves, there's no point me sending you my file, as it's basically the same file I sent you last time. I'm using R293.5

Here's what Windows Event Viewer says. I believe the exception code means it's a Memory Access Violation

Faulting application name: edrt.exe, version: 3.0.293.5, time stamp: 0x60edc78b
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x8a32a22a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00048215
    Faulting process ID: 0x3b30
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7835a9543a104
    Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Clickteam Fusion 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\edrt.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: 021eb732-5d52-4083-b73b-a6151eeb790f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    This has started happening to me (again) as well. Running my MFA just crashes to desktop. It's probably not antivirus (I use ESET NOD32, but this happens even when I disable it). I guess it's probably not Windows corruption either, as I've very recently done a fresh install of Windows. Yves, there's no point me sending you my file, as it's basically the same file I sent you last time. I'm using R293.5

Here's what Windows Event Viewer says. I believe the exception code means it's a Memory Access Violation

Faulting application name: edrt.exe, version: 3.0.293.5, time stamp: 0x60edc78b
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x8a32a22a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00048215
    Faulting process ID: 0x3b30
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7835a9543a104
    Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Clickteam Fusion 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\edrt.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: 021eb732-5d52-4083-b73b-a6151eeb790f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Looks like a different issue (crash when running instead of loading). I'm unable to reproduce it with the MFA you sent me, I ran it several times without crashes.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: it crashes with a 0xc0000005 when I close the command prompt window that opens when you run the game (Debug object? or Surface maybe?), not sure if it's related.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    PS: it crashes with a 0xc0000005 when I close the command prompt window that opens when you run the game (Debug object? or Surface maybe?), not sure if it's related.
    It's a weird quirk of Windows, if a window has a console attached via AttachConsole() and the console window is closed, the main window is forced to close right after that. The console handler has no way to prevent it, and can't refuse the close either.
    I'm considering updating DebugObject to not use the built-in Windows console for that reason, and a few others (e.g. Windows console is notoriously slow).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast