User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly getting a crash when opening my MFA

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    PS: it crashes with a 0xc0000005 when I close the command prompt window that opens when you run the game (Debug object? or Surface maybe?), not sure if it's related.
    What command prompt window? Does one open when you load my MFA? This would be news to me. Has my MFA been opening a hidden command prompt all this time and I've never known?

Phi, does

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (last two words were a typo above. Phi, I was going to ask you if the Debug object always created command prompts but rephrased the question; but didn't entirely delete my initial question)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    (last two words were a typo above. Phi, I was going to ask you if the Debug object always created command prompts but rephrased the question; but didn't entirely delete my initial question)
    Depends if you turn it on by console or property. Hopefully, Yves is using the latest build of DebugObject ^.^

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Depends if you turn it on by console or property. Hopefully, Yves is using the latest build of DebugObject ^.^
    Ah correct, I updated the Debug object and the command prompt window disappeared.

Still no crash.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I'm getting yet a different problem. My MFA hangs (not crashes) every time I run it (R293.1). A few days ago it was working fine, a couple of days ago it was crashing, and now it's hanging. All the same MFA on the same PC. Below is the latest Event Viewer.

The program edrt.exe version 3.0.293.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 2180
    Start Time: 01d785c998b83ac4
    Termination Time: 2724
    Application Path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Clickteam Fusion 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\edrt.exe
    Report Id: e3ddd773-0dc5-41b8-acbc-4c815d4536f1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Unknown

I've isolated the problem down to the Joystick 2 object (v1.4). I've attached my MFA stripped of all content except for the Joystick 2 object. Frame 1 (pink background) tries to "jump to" Frame 2 (grey background), but hangs. If you remove the Joystick 2 object, it no longer hangs. I've no idea why this has only started happening now, or if it's related to my previous troubles. I've copied xinput_3.dll into the Data\Runtime\Unicode folder and the MFA folder (and the windows\system32 folder, which I've also seen suggested), but it didn't help. It happens whether my gamepad is plugged in or not. I also reinstalled the extension through the Extension Manager.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Today I'm getting yet a different problem. My MFA hangs (not crashes) every time I run it (R293.1). A few days ago it was working fine, a couple of days ago it was crashing, and now it's hanging. All the same MFA on the same PC. Below is the latest Event Viewer.

The program edrt.exe version 3.0.293.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 2180
    Start Time: 01d785c998b83ac4
    Termination Time: 2724
    Application Path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Clickteam Fusion 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\edrt.exe
    Report Id: e3ddd773-0dc5-41b8-acbc-4c815d4536f1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Unknown

I've isolated the problem down to the Joystick 2 object (v1.4). I've attached my MFA stripped of all content except for the Joystick 2 object. Frame 1 (pink background) tries to "jump to" Frame 2 (grey background), but hangs. If you remove the Joystick 2 object, it no longer hangs. I've no idea why this has only started happening now, or if it's related to my previous troubles. I've copied xinput_3.dll into the Data\Runtime\Unicode folder and the MFA folder (and the windows\system32 folder, which I've also seen suggested), but it didn't help. It happens whether my gamepad is plugged in or not. I also reinstalled the extension through the Extension Manager.
    Works fine here. Maybe it's due to a Windows update?

About the crashes I'll continue testing your MFA when I can to see if I can reproduce it, hopefully at some point it will crash.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I'm starting to lose my mind with all this.

Apropos that MFA I just uploaded, after I restarted the PC, it [sort of] worked, as I half-suspected. But if I run it a few times, it'll hang again. Sometimes it'll run fine, sometimes it'll hang for a few seconds then successfully load the 2nd frame. Sometimes it'll hang for a long time (seemingly indefinitely, but perhaps it would resolve itself if left long enough). Could it be Joystick 2 having trouble talking with one of my plugged in USB devices, I wonder (keyboard, mouse, macro pads, etc.)?

My Windows version is 10.0.19043 Pro

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I'm starting to lose my mind with all this.

Apropos that MFA I just uploaded, after I restarted the PC, it [sort of] worked, as I half-suspected. But if I run it a few times, it'll hang again. Sometimes it'll run fine, sometimes it'll hang for a few seconds then successfully load the 2nd frame. Sometimes it'll hang for a long time (seemingly indefinitely, but perhaps it would resolve itself if left long enough). Could it be Joystick 2 having trouble talking with one of my plugged in USB devices, I wonder (keyboard, mouse, macro pads, etc.)?

My Windows version is 10.0.19043 Pro
    Did you change anything to your hardware recently? IIRC there was a problem once in the past (2 years ago maybe) between Joystick 2 and Corsair K55 RGB keyboards that was fixed in a driver update.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently changed keyboards. My Corsair K100 keyboard broke, so I've replaced it with another keyboard as well as a number of macropads. I'll test if it's one of them.

I hope Fusion gets a good, native, full featured gamepad object one day. Joystick 2 is just awful

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Fusion gets a good, native, full featured gamepad object one day. Joystick 2 is just awful
    Hear! Hear!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast