User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out of Memory - Limitation?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of Memory - Limitation?

So, I'm currently making a game that is very big. in fact it's now over 1GB in size and whenever I try to build an apk I face myself with an "out of memory" error.
    The same game builds just fine with Exe and Mac files, but not the apk. However, Taking away some frames leading the apk to be 900Mb, works.
    I assume there's an 1GB limit on the apk size? Are there any way to work around this issue?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The .apk size limit to publish on playstore is 150 Mb, I am sorry to be the one to tell you , I was extremely nervous I found that out when I tried to publish my game, same size limitation applies for android bundle ...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that size limit is what Google has set up on the playstore side , I don't know if fusion has a limit on it's apk size though

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that size sounds like its insanely un-optimized

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game client that users initially download and install can have a smaller file size requirement. The larger and more professional games will have a smaller download size, and then once you boot up the game, it downloads the latest patch, or at least the bare minimum of files it needs. Some of Nintendo's mobile games do this and can be over 1GB in size when done.

For optimization, try reformatting your graphics assets and animations to a compressed size before bringing them into Fusion. Same for audio files, have them already compressed into an Android friendly quality for playback. Can you get away with a lower resolution? Can you reuse some assets throughout the game? Are there Android SDK specific things you can do for file size and speed optimizations?

Hope that helps some.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicForest View Post
    The .apk size limit to publish on playstore is 150 Mb, I am sorry to be the one to tell you , I was extremely nervous I found that out when I tried to publish my game, same size limitation applies for android bundle ...
    I know about the size limitation on the Play Store, I won't publish my game there, I'm distributing my apk through pledges to my patrons, so that won't apply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhadoe View Post
    The game client that users initially download and install can have a smaller file size requirement. The larger and more professional games will have a smaller download size, and then once you boot up the game, it downloads the latest patch, or at least the bare minimum of files it needs. Some of Nintendo's mobile games do this and can be over 1GB in size when done.

Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    It isn't though, the game is really a monster, there's 2D cartoon animations with thousands of frames and voice acting.

For optimization, try reformatting your graphics assets and animations to a compressed size before bringing them into Fusion. Same for audio files, have them already compressed into an Android friendly quality for playback. Can you get away with a lower resolution? Can you reuse some assets throughout the game? Are there Android SDK specific things you can do for file size and speed optimizations?

Hope that helps some.
    I appreciate the response, still, I'm not looking for optimization tips. I just wanna know if the "Out of Memory" issue is a limitation on Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ for Android builds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicForest View Post
    I know about the size limitation on the Play Store, I won't publish my game there, I'm distributing my apk through pledges to my patrons, so that won't apply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    It isn't though, the game is really a monster, there's 2D cartoon animations with thousands of frames and voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhadoe View Post

Hope that helps some.
    I appreciate the response, still, I'm not looking for optimization tips. I just wanna know if the "Out of Memory" issue is a limitation on Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ for Android builds.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    you need to post a logact from this device to understand better
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    you need to post a logact from this device to understand better
    How do I do that?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)