User Tag List

Thread: DirectX D3D object in an extension?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DirectX D3D object in an extension?

Is it possible to get the D3D context in a custom extension so we can run some third party code against it?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    Is it possible to get the D3D context in a custom extension so we can run some third party code against it?

Thanks!
    there is no d3d context - firefly is a bridge to the irrlicht engine. any code you want to try can be tried against irrlicht. although im not sure you can apply it in fusion due to irrlicht being a dll. so you would have to use a different dll and then lose the extra things firefly added.

not sure if CLICKTEAM will allow me to release the irrlicht source for the dll. although i see no reason why they shouldnt.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it uses DirectX there is a D3D context somewhere, no?

Maybe a better question would be is there a way to get the Irrlicht device and other objects?

Basically what I'd like to do is integrate Dear ImGui or Irrlicht's own GUI into my programs. So, another way of putting it is, is there any way to do this in an extension: https://irrlicht.sourceforge.io/docu/example005.html

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it uses DirectX there is a D3D context somewhere, no?

Maybe a better question would be is there a way to get the Irrlicht device and other objects?

Basically what I'd like to do is integrate Dear ImGui or Irrlicht's own GUI into my programs. So, another way of putting it is, is there any way to do this in an extension: https://irrlicht.sourceforge.io/docu/example005.html
    we never did the gui part as we assumed people would use fusions ui.

its possible i could create a new bolt on bridge for the ui part as its already in irrlicht ( i doubt i would do the dear imgui though). just not sure if it would be worth the effort for the limited usage.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm not really expecting all that, just hoping there's a way for me to do some of my own more advanced things on the engine. Is the fixed value of the engine a pointer to the Irrlicht device or some other structure I could use to get the device pointer from?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm not really expecting all that, just hoping there's a way for me to do some of my own more advanced things on the engine. Is the fixed value of the engine a pointer to the Irrlicht device or some other structure I could use to get the device pointer from?
    dont think we ever make the device public cant see any calls to a getdevice either

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any calls like this? I think you have to do this to start the engine, correct?

IrrlichtDevice * device = createDevice(driverType, core::dimension2d<u32>(640, 480));

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any calls like this? I think you have to do this to start the engine, correct?

IrrlichtDevice * device = createDevice(driverType, core::dimension2d<u32>(640, 480));
    yep but inside firefly and not accessible