User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with the find all command in event editor

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I have 2.5+ but I am not sure I fully understand, could you refrashe that please?
    Sorry for confusing you, I was away from computer yesterday.

Step 1:
    Copy the event.
    Note: Copy the full event, not only the condition or action. Fusion refuses to paste single condition/action to text.

Step 2:
    Paste it as text (e.g. paste in notepad).

Step 3:
    Copy the text that you want to search (e.g. Test of Active, "Test" is the alterable value name).

Step 4:
    Use "Find All" to search in fusion.

By this method you can search almost every condition/action of any extension in fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Hmm actually after checking more it seems only to be possible to find conditions but not actions. For exampel if I seach for Waterlilyleaf: Flag 0 I find the events where it checks if Flag 0 is off. But it does not find the events where it turns flag 0 off... :/
    Yeah, that's what I meant by this:

This works, though you may need more than one search to catch all references though. For example, Player: Flag 2 will find conditions, but you might also need to search for Player: Set Flag 2 to find some actions, or Flag2("Player") to find expressions.
    Fusion phrases different types of actions/conditions/events differently, so if you want to search for something specific you need to make sure you use the appropriate phrasing. The easiest way might be to just search for "waterlilyleaf" first, then find the type of event you're after, then select/copy/paste it into a new search, to be sure that you've got the correct phrasing and punctuation. Or, if you only want to find actions, just uncheck "conditions" from the search before you searchc.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    Sorry for confusing you, I was away from computer yesterday.

Step 1:
    Copy the event.
    Note: Copy the full event, not only the condition or action. Fusion refuses to paste single condition/action to text.

Step 2:
    Paste it as text (e.g. paste in notepad).

Step 3:
    Copy the text that you want to search (e.g. Test of Active, "Test" is the alterable value name).

Step 4:
    Use "Find All" to search in fusion.

By this method you can search almost every condition/action of any extension in fusion.
    Oh, thanks, but that seems like much of a workaround. Good it works though But I really hope that Clickteam will expand on the search function so we don't need to do things like this. The search functions is really really wonderful so I hope it only gets better and also other ways to sort and make things more neat. For example I have hundreds of objects in the project I am working on and it can be many times I have to scroll back and forth a loooong way to find that item I need to work on and then I like to drag it aaaaall the way back to the left to have it ready to work with. But that also takes times and it would be wonderful it it was smoother. Of course folders helps a good bit, but it is not completely perfect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2