User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with the find all command in event editor

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with the find all command in event editor

I am trying to use the find all command in the event editor with ctrl-shift f and it is useful. However is it possible to filter it more? For example say I have an active object (it can be called Player) and I want to find all events that has something to do with the object Player and its Flag 2. How can I filter my search to only find these events?

I have tried some basic ones like "Player+flag 2" but that does not work..

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC find all in 2.5+ does not support expressions like regular expression and wildcard (Maybe you can ask CT to add it in the next update), but there is always an alternative:
    You can search "Object Name: Flag 0",e.g. "Active: Flag 0" in Find all, or follow next steps using Find:
    Step 1:Switch to event editor.

Step 2:Click Object on the top to only show events have reference to it.

Step 3pen all Groups

Step 4:Use tradition search (Ctrl+F) and use F3 to search next

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    IIRC find all in 2.5+ does not support expressions like regular expression and wildcard (Maybe you can ask CT to add it in the next update), but there is always an alternative:
    You can search "Object Name: Flag 0",e.g. "Active: Flag 0" in Find al
    This works, though you may need more than one search to catch all references though. For example, Player: Flag 2 will find conditions, but you might also need to search for Player: Set Flag 2 to find some actions, or Flag2("Player") to find expressions.

A little hack I sometimes use is to temporarily rename the value in question to something unique. For example, rename "Flag 2" to "Flag 2QQQ", and then just quickly search Find all for "QQQ". When you're done, rename it back to "Flag 2".

By the way, I hope "Flag 2" is just an example, and you don't actually use unnamed flags in your real code! If so then...well, this sort of problem is exactly why you should always name your flags

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you that is both very useful! I have actually been quite sloppy in naming flags since I am working on an older project I started using before it was possible. Will definitely use named flags when starting a new project though!

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a bit confusing though I must say since it is possible to search for "Active: Flag 0" but not in the same way for an alterable value? For example "Active: Alterable value A" ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    ....it is possible to search for "Active: Flag 0"....
    Are you sure? This search doesn't work for me.

By the way, unless you need them, uncheck "objects" and "behaviors" from your Find All searches. They slow down the search by ~1000% or more.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC If you purchased 2.5+ you can paste events to text, just simply paste events with alterable values to text and then search what you pasted.

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Are you sure? This search doesn't work for me.

By the way, unless you need them, uncheck "objects" and "behaviors" from your Find All searches. They slow down the search by ~1000% or more.
    Hmm actually after checking more it seems only to be possible to find conditions but not actions. For exampel if I seach for Waterlilyleaf: Flag 0 I find the events where it checks if Flag 0 is off. But it does not find the events where it turns flag 0 off... :/

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    IIRC If you purchased 2.5+ you can paste events to text, just simply paste events with alterable values to text and then search what you pasted.
    I have 2.5+ but I am not sure I fully understand, could you refrashe that please?

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example I try to search for Waterlilyleaf: WaveSpeed (the alterable value WaveSpeed in the object Waterlilyleaf) but it does not work..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast