User Tag List

Thread: HTML5 Export Module is defiant as all heck!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry HTML5 Export Module is defiant as all heck!

All I want to do is to convert my game to a workable HTML format, but sadly, I believe it’s unacheivable without a page 1 rewrite and even that’s being optimistic!

Upon the first few conversion attempts, Clickteam refuses to build the game and crashes for even trying. I pulled apart my game to just single frames to figure out the problem, yet the source of the problem is not always consistent. Apparently, one probable source is a long sound effect, but there are other long sound effects that do not crash the program but lowers and heightens its volume at random.

If I was spared from having my program crash, (by reducing the game down to a single frame), I get to witness the beauty of having a build “run” but at the same time “not run”: only the sound is running, but everything else is locked even a frame with one animated object. You know what weird solution I found for that predicament?… Abandon Ship! If I move most of my frames from my app to a fresh new app sharing all the required settings to convert to html, all those frames run on that new app. As I was changing the settings on the new app to what was on my old app, it still works! It’s as if the thing running the html just hated how the old app’s icon looked and that’s it!

So okay, just move all frames from the old app to the new app, right? Easier said than done! The build crash is still in effect. Could it be because the game has too much stuff? Probably, but it has crashed when there was only two frames present; that’s why, I assumed it was a sound effect that was causing the issue… but even that could be bunk because I once disabled the command to play the sound: that allowed it to build! So I re-enabled the command to play the sound… that also allowed it to build!! Why!?

Hmm-mm! Sorry. I exuded a bit of optimism from all that confusion. Because even though I somehow managed to have the game build, even if I immigrated everything to a new application, I will still be left with a broken game. Frame rates aren’t treated the same for html files compared to .exe or .mfa files, objects randomly pop in and out, a lot of actions no longer work and the sound comes and goes like a makeshift doppler effect. Better off keeping the game in .exe format, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: Been doing some code optimization, and I managed to get the .mfa file down to almost half its original size. Decide to run it as is; unfortunately, it does not fix the program crashing, nor does it fix the frozen frames that only happens in the original application.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Upon the first few conversion attempts, Clickteam refuses to build the game and crashes for even trying.
    Did you apply the latest CF 2.5 update patch after installing the HTML5 exporter? If not, you should do it so that the editor and the exporter are the same version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the latest patch 293.1? Because on all of my attempts, Clickteam was at its most current update along with the DLC and the HTML Exporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RESOLVED: Sometimes even the most complicated problems only require the simplest solutions: it’s finding said solutions that can drive someone bonkers. For those of you who have Clickteam and later buys a few add-ons for the program, it’s paramount that you do this before installing said add-ons: Uninstall Clickteam

What you have to do is uninstall Clickteam and reinstall it fresh without any updates. After that, install any of the add-ons into Clickteam, and then you update the program. Doing that made my HTML exporter work and some features that were strangely missing in the DLC finally showed up as well. I was thinking backwards when I installed Clickteam. I thought it had to be updated first before installing any new add-ons: big mistake on my part!

Big thanks to Jeff of Clickteam Staff for bringing up the solution! I can finally make HTML games for once! ��