User Tag List

Thread: Why doesn't target work when Bind Target and Rotation Is on?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't target work when Bind Target and Rotation Is on?

I am attempting to make a mode in my game where objects are placed at locations relative to the camera. This has proven to be pretty difficult. One of the issues I've encountered is that I can only see rotation values fro the camera if Bind Target and Rotation is on, but in this case settings target (or rotation for that matter) doesn't work as expected. It does seem to move the camera when I change the target, but it does not point at the expected objects at the same coordinates.

I have three objects to target, Test 1 - Test 3, and these bindings:

* Upon pressing "1"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 1" ), YPosition( "Test 1" ), ZPosition( "Test 1" )

* Upon pressing "2"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 2" ), YPosition( "Test 2" ), ZPosition( "Test 2" )

* Upon pressing "3"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 3" ), YPosition( "Test 3" ), ZPosition( "Test 3" )

When Bind Target and Rotation Is is off, the camera always points at these three objects when pressing one of the three keys, no matter where the camera is. When it is on, the camera points in seemingly random places instead.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    I am attempting to make a mode in my game where objects are placed at locations relative to the camera. This has proven to be pretty difficult. One of the issues I've encountered is that I can only see rotation values fro the camera if Bind Target and Rotation is on, but in this case settings target (or rotation for that matter) doesn't work as expected. It does seem to move the camera when I change the target, but it does not point at the expected objects at the same coordinates.

I have three objects to target, Test 1 - Test 3, and these bindings:

* Upon pressing "1"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 1" ), YPosition( "Test 1" ), ZPosition( "Test 1" )

* Upon pressing "2"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 2" ), YPosition( "Test 2" ), ZPosition( "Test 2" )

* Upon pressing "3"
    Firefly Node - Camera : Set Target to XPosition( "Test 3" ), YPosition( "Test 3" ), ZPosition( "Test 3" )

When Bind Target and Rotation Is is off, the camera always points at these three objects when pressing one of the three keys, no matter where the camera is. When it is on, the camera points in seemingly random places instead.
    all the above is working as expected

its called bind target and rotation - if you dont bind the target and rotation, then rotation is up to you to set.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the target *do* if not change the rotation of the camera? It seems like it's supposed to be a way to orient where the camera is pointing, which means setting the rotation, doesn't it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    What does the target *do* if not change the rotation of the camera? It seems like it's supposed to be a way to orient where the camera is pointing, which means setting the rotation, doesn't it?
    target is more a look at function - so you can follow a target with a camera usefull for follow cams etc