User Tag List

Thread: Simplest way to set camera angles?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simplest way to set camera angles?

Separate but related to my recent post. What is the simplest recommended way to change the camera's rotation to a desired angle? Say for instance I want it to be pointing down at 45 degrees? How should I do this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would depend if bind target is on or off

if off then set Y to 45 or -45

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need bind target and rotation to be on, otherwise I can't read the camera's current angles which I need for other reasons. I tried turning it off, setting the angle, then turning it back on but the results are inconsistent. Is there a way to do it with this setting on?

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can tell I have to set the X angle to make the camera go up or down, however, setting the X angle to 45 or -45 does not appear to work as expected, or I am doing something else wrong. When I set it to 45 then turn on bind target and rotation to read the current rotation, the value is 88 -- all the way down.

Is there some other setting or something I need to make it actually be the Y axis? Or is there something else I might be doing wrong? Trying to pair down an example MFA.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, this is probably as simple as I can make it and still be able to understand any reply. Test MFA here: https://uploads.stonenotes.com/mfa/cameratest1.mfa

Press tab to toggle "edit" mode on and off. Toggling it on triggers the angle set attempt, then turns on bind target and rotation and prints the output in the debug line at the top as the "rotation=".

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    I need bind target and rotation to be on, otherwise I can't read the camera's current angles which I need for other reasons. I tried turning it off, setting the angle, then turning it back on but the results are inconsistent. Is there a way to do it with this setting on?
    hmmm you can read the angles with bind target off

set your text/debug to "RotX : " + Str$(AbsoluteXRotation( "Firefly Node - Camera" )) + " RotY : " + Str$(AbsoluteYRotation( "Firefly Node - Camera" )) + " RotZ : " + Str$(AbsoluteZRotation( "Firefly Node - Camera" ))"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the above will give you Rotations not EulerRotations which you maybe expecting

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update the forum thread since a lot more discussion happened on Discord: Ultimately it seems that the solution to most of my problems was to parent the Camera to a dummy object and move the dummy object using trig formulas. I was trying too hard to mix trig for some of my movement with FPS camera movement action, and the two just don't seem to mix well.

We also found a problem where you cannot specify Euler rotations on the camera object, which I believe a fix may be available for at some point?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    We also found a problem where you cannot specify Euler rotations on the camera object, which I believe a fix may be available for at some point?
    fixed was pushed to beta build 293.7, and will be out in whatever build makes it to release after 293.7.

thanks for the spot it was missing.