User Tag List

Thread: Run Android App in Background or Background Notification?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run Android App in Background or Background Notification?

Is there any possible way to get a Fusion 2.5 Android app to run in the background, or, is there some workaround to be able to send a notification to an Android device so at least the user knows to open the app?

I have a little app that checks a mysql database every second to see if data has changed. Once it changes, it sends a notification. This works just fine, so long as the Android device is turned on and the app is running. But as soon as the screen turns off the app stops running and it stops checking the database.

If this is 100% impossible though Fusion 2.5, perhaps someone could suggest an alternate option for checking the mysql database every second for a field change?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many smartphones kill the apps in the background to reduce ram and energy consumption. The solution for you is to have a backend that checks the db and then sends a push notification to the device. This can be done with the onesignal push extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haoujey View Post
    Many smartphones kill the apps in the background to reduce ram and energy consumption. The solution for you is to have a backend that checks the db and then sends a push notification to the device. This can be done with the onesignal push extension.
    Thanks so much for the reply! Are you talking about this extension: OneSignal Object (clickteam.com)

Do you know if it comes with any documentation for setting up?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is not maintained and doesn't work any more. There is another onesignal extension that i have made for my own needs. https://clickstore.clickteam.com/push_one_signal?keyword=Onesignal

There is a small documentation delivered with it, it's very simple to use. The most difficult I think is the backend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haoujey View Post
    This one is not maintained and doesn't work any more. There is another onesignal extension that i have made for my own needs. https://clickstore.clickteam.com/push_one_signal?keyword=Onesignal

There is a small documentation delivered with it, it's very simple to use. The most difficult I think is the backend.
    Thank you for the link. It's priced out of my budget for this non-commercial project, but perhaps if I have a client in the future who needs this feature I can justify the cost.