User Tag List

Thread: Is there a good player movement object to use?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is there a good player movement object to use?

The two main player movement options that I see the most are the built-in physics engine and the Platform Movement Object (PMO) extension. I don't want to use the built-in engine because it is very glitchy and not very customizable, but I also don't want to use the PMO because then you can't interact with other physics objects (I believe the PMO is only for simulating physics for the player, but not for the whole environment.)

Is there a good way to use the built-in physics engine for player movement (am I just stupid and don't know how to use it)? Or could you possibly use the PMO for the player and the built-in engine for the environment? Or is there a completely different and still easy-to-use extension/object that can do player movement well and also simulate physics for the rest of the environment well?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMO can control enemies as well, check out this example: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...requirelogin=1

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy RPM (Rage platformen movement) from the clickstore, it's 5 bucks and probably the best platform engine for fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently I was doing a custom platform movement, that is even DeltaTime based ( works the same speed on all frame rates)

I wish that I could send it to you as it was going to be open source anyways, but unfortunately I can't send anything from my PC at the moment

Anyways, as said above use PMO object (you can loop on objects to have multiple objects use it at the same time) though PMO has problems with jump height being inconsistent

For the physical-Platform movement it's a special case, look the physics engine fusion uses is Box2D physics engine which is very popular, for example it was used to make old angry bird games, to know how to use physics correctly, refer to the manual, also check the all boxed up tutorial if you never used physics before as it's a great staring point

Anyways again for that movement, it's not bad idea to use it but I in countered weird problems with it, so I can't recommend it, though you can make your custom physical platform movement (using the static physical movement)

Note: you can always combine a non physical movement with a physical one, though it won't work in the best way, so it's always recommended that if you gonna make a physics based game use physical movements with each other for the best results

And again you can just do all your own custom movements without the physics engine (make your own physics engine) which can be made using normal fusion eventing system

Sorry if there was any confusion in my post, I'm not really great at explaining these stuff

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMO is the best because it use less resources than a custom engine using fast loop. The only issue i have is that i can't use delta time with it... Move Safely 2 is good too for pixel perfect collisions, it can be used with delta time, but needs some modifications for slopes support and needs more resources. RPM is based on fast loop, so it needs more resources to work.

As i'm doing Android games, resources saving is really important. But i'm really missing Delta time with PMO... If someone could update this extension to add delta time support...