User Tag List

Thread: Embed fonts on HTML5 target

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embed fonts on HTML5 target

Hi, I'd like to use some embedded fonts on my game, exported using the HTML5 module. While I can set the font at the editor and it works on the exported game o my computer, I believe users without the font installed on their computers will be able to see it... Is there a way to tell Fusion to embed these external fonts?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it!
    Just created my onw css with the web versions (woff) of the fonts to embed and manually included it at the index.html file. The game loaded them perfectly on systems without the fonts installed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not strong in css or html, could you post an example of how to do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you'll need the font to be installed at your system so you can use it on Fusion. But you'll also need a web-compatible version of the font files (like .woff or .woff2 files). If you don't have these files, just look for a web conversion tool to transform your .ttf or .otf files (Font Squirrel works just fine).

These conversion tools usually create the font files as well the required css to embed them at yout html page. Just use them ;-)

One trick: the generated css may embed the font with a different name than the one used by Fusion. You may need to change it. To discover the exact name Fusion uses, insert an edit box, set the font, export as an HTML5 app and use the browser's inspector to discover the exact font name.

I attached an example at this post.

font.zip