User Tag List

Thread: Initial direction of objects does not update in the Frame Editor

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial direction of objects does not update in the Frame Editor

Hi everyone,

I'm having some visual difficults tracking certain switch objects' initial direction in the Frame Editor. I'm not sure if it's a bug or something that I missed, hence posting it here. Hope that someone could cast some light on this topic.

I made some switches in my game, and each one has an initial direction in the object's movement tab properties - some are pointing to the Left, while other are pointing to the Right - so no need to create events for the objects' initial direction in the Events Editor.

The problem is that the initial direction does not affect the visual appearance of the objects in the Frame Editor, and only show the objects on their number 0 (right) direction. When testing the application the direction does show in the initial direction I set it to. It's just the direction they show in the Frame Editor which is the problem .That makes it difficult to track to what direction the switches are set to when just looking on the frame layout, which requires to manually going into each and every switch object's properties and to check it's initial direction there. Does anyone else encounter this problem?

Attached a screenshot.

Initial Direction in Frame Editor Doesn't Update.png

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frame editor always defaults to the right unless the right one is empty.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Too bad the initial direction affects the object only when the application runs. Perhaps Clickteam will fix this in a future update.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had that be an issue before but I definitely see how it can be in your case. As a lazy workaround, depending on how large your level is/practical this is, can you just run the app and then take a reference screenshot? Again, not ideal, but maybe a "solution" depending on what you need to do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always make fine tuning to the levels, so taking a screenshot would be yet another thing I would need to track and keep up to update. I really think that this matter could be fixed quite easily by Clickteam, and that others would appreciate if this would be fixed too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always make fine tuning to the levels, so taking a screenshot would be yet another thing I would need to track and keep up to date. I really think that this matter could be fixed quite easily by Clickteam, and that others would appreciate if this would be fixed too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it would b very nice to see this too,
    Though just in some cases, the current way is better
    For example: emulating icons on the frame editor, Like having an enemy with a sprite displayed In the editor while actually at runtime its a mask

I think an option in the frame preferences would be the best of two worlds

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. An option to toggle the initial direction behavior for updating in the Frame Editor would be the best way for everyone.