User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Using Fusion app to start another program - full screen switching issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you could try running the dosbox application using the File Object instead of the native method, to see if it makes any difference:

Other extensions you could try are Execute in Console and File-Folder Object. Possibly the Process Viewer extension might also help you keep track of when the dosbox game is running/finished.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decal --- Your proposed fix doesn't work. The same behavior occurs. Once dosbox goes fullscreen, the application becomes visible and dosbox terminates.

Volnaiskra --- It's one of the first things I tried. The same behavior occurs when dosbox goes fullscreen. I have tried mix and matching the full screen options and keeping them all blank. None of it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra -- Didn't see your last post. I'll try those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra - The same problem occurs with the file object. As for the process viewer, I can't make heads or tails of it, and the example is not illuminating. The get and kill process extension is understandable. If only dosbox.exe were not invisible to it! But for some reason it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The file folder object doesn't seem to have an option that will help. Even if I could run a program with it, I can't see anyway for it to recognize when the program has stopped running. The execute in console object produces even worse results than the other options I have tried so far.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the file-folder object has a "open file" action that I presume will run an application. Though I wouldn't hold my breath that this will help.

By the way, when you try the built application, is Fusion still running? And have you tried building, then quitting the index program, then running the new exe manually from file Explorer? There's a difference in how Windows handles it depending on if Fusion launched the exe or if you did.

What happens if you have your index program open, but you open a dosbox game outside of it (manually opening it in file Explorer or whatever)? Do you get the same problems? If not, then maybe you can figure out a more indirect way to launch the dosbox game. Like maybe your index program writes a BAT file that will launch dosbox and runs the BAT file instead of directly running dosbox.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommend Game launcher creator. Its made in fusion by Danny J. Use it to make any type of game launcher you want.

Get it on sale using the code from this forum.. Here is a link to game launcher main page, https://gamelaunchercreator.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have hit on a more elegant solution, though I hope Clickteam can fix this so that the built application behaves the same way as the testing from within Fusion. Here is what I did:

I created a Fusion application that does nothing and titled it "dosprocess.exe". When I click on a "shortcut" in my index program the first time after it is opened, it will start dosprocess.exe, minimize and hide the index program, and then start dosbox and whatever game the shortcut instructs dosbox to start. Then, with the assistance of the "get and kill process" object and a string object, the program detects whether dosprocess.exe is running and immediately kills it. Once dosprocess.exe is killed, the tray object instructs the index program to restore and show. I use global variables to help mediate this process and so it only happens the first time a dos program is run from the index program. This solves the fullscreen issue. Oddly enough, the process only has to be run once for the program not to have fullscreen problems.

I might want to have the ability to minimize the index program while a dos program is running, and I can't do that with this fix yet. But, I'm making progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refining on my solution: Instead of the one time process of running and killing the dummy file dosprocess.exe being triggered by running a dos program the first time, I have it being triggered on a start of frame condition. This eliminates a visible but brief up and down of the index window. And it ensures that I can jump to other frames without running into the same problem.

Still no ability to automatically minimize the index while the dos game is running and then restore it when the game is done (could minimize but no way to restore---using the wait checkbox brings back the problem). But dosbox would be running on top of the index program, which is good enough.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased to hear you're making progress. So what does the actual problem seem to be? That the Fusion built EXE gets somehow tangled up with the first program it launches, but not with subsequent programs that it launches?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast