User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem building APK file

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you found this patch? It's not necessary and may cause problems, I never used any patch myself.

The built-in JDK is installed in this directory by default: D:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre

I've noticed that having too many unnecessary stuff installed on Android Studio can also make it fail to build (for example NDK will cause it to fail), so here's everything I got on mine:

SDK Platforms:
    - Android 11.0 (R) - API Level 30
    (31 is the latest one, but it may fail, use it only if you need to)

SDK Tools:
    - Android SDK Build-Tools
    - Android SDK Command Line Tools
    - Android Emulator
    - Android SDK Platform-Tools
    - Google USB Driver
    - Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM Installer)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Where did you found this patch? It's not necessary and may cause problems, I never used any patch myself.

The built-in JDK is installed in this directory by default: D:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre

I've noticed that having too many unnecessary stuff installed on Android Studio can also make it fail to build (for example NDK will cause it to fail), so here's everything I got on mine:
    I got the patch from this installation tutorial page here: http://library.clickteam.com/guides-tips/how-to-install-android-sdk-for-fusion/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SDK Platforms:
    - Android 11.0 (R) - API Level 30
    (31 is the latest one, but it may fail, use it only if you need to)

SDK Tools:
    - Android SDK Build-Tools
    - Android SDK Command Line Tools
    - Android Emulator
    - Android SDK Platform-Tools
    - Google USB Driver
    - Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM Installer)
    downloading some of these things now... I cant seem to find the USB drive in with my tools options, is it a necessity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind, the usb driver showed up after the installation of the other things.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tutorial is really outdated, that was before Android Studio, when you could install only a standalone Android SDK Tools, that's not the case anymore, nothing of that will work.

The USB driver is not super important, but it can help to use Build & Run, which compiles and automatically install and run on your device connected via USB.

For the things that you installed, please remove anything that was not on that list that I showed, except SDK Platforms (API versions), those won't affect much, but you better use API 30 for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tutorial is really outdated, that was before Android Studio, when you could install only a standalone Android SDK Tools, that's not the case anymore, nothing of that will work.

The USB driver is not super important, but it can help to use Build & Run, which compiles and automatically install and run on your device connected via USB.

For the things that you installed, please remove anything that was not on that list that I showed, except SDK Platforms (API versions), those won't affect much, but you better use API 30 for now.
    done and did. Its still giving me the same error as when I started this thread unfortunately.

Maybe its that outdated patch? I dont know how to uninstall it :P Should I try uninstalling Android Studio doing a complete clean install and try everything again?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at this point I would recommend uninstalling both Android Studio, JDK and may even reapply the last Fusion update just to make sure there's nothing corrupt :P
    Check Fusion's properties as well if there's nothing wrong there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, uninstalling now. I'll update on any progress...

In the meantime is there an official Discord server I can join for further assistance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, fresh install. I'm back to the "Cant find build.xml" error

on a note, for some reason the Android Studio SDK manager wont let me install "Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM Installer)" for whatever reason.. is that really important?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress!

I figured out how to upgrade the exporter and now I'm running an APK in an android emulator

Thanks for your help guys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast